Sign in to follow this  
Stefan01

New 8.33 kHz radio frequency spacing

Recently, in a lot of countries in Europe the new 8.33 kHz frequency spacing has been introduced exclusively to provide much more usable air-to-ground frequencies.As a result of this change there are new frequencies in radio traffic. For example EDDB_TWR has the frequency 120,030. In the flight simulator you can only set the frequencies 120,000 ,120,025 and 120,050 by mouse click or with the MCP Combo panel. Exceptions are the FSLab Bus and the PMDG 744/748 in which you can set the correct values at the pedestal with a mouse click, unfortunately this is not possible in the PMDG 737 and 777.
However, the frequencies are displayed correctly in all aircraft if they are set externally with IVAP, for example. My question is therefore whether it is possible that you can select the radio frequencies according to the new standard by changing the program Linda.
I know that this is a lot of work.
regards Stefan Liebe

regards
Stefan Liebe

Hi Stefan

I am aware of the changes across the world to 8.33kHz spacing. In the real world the new spacing are converted to the nearest 3 decimal digit available. Unfortunately, the flight sim world is restricted to 2 decimal digits when entering frequencies and no hardware I know displays frequencies to 3 decimal digits. The offset encoding in FSUIPC (which LINDA relies on) only models 2 decimal digits. I will be no changes until there is a practical way to implement 8.33kHz spacing and 3 decimal digits.

VATSIM UK has implemented the policy that when new 8.33kHz frequencies are published and no 2 decimal digital can be used or would interfere with neighbouring stations then the old frequency will be retained. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew