Sign in to follow this  

Samsung Odyssey+ $299 at Samsung.com

I cant believe it! last night at midnight. I got my Samsung Odyssey+ into my shopping cart but by the time I got the address and credit card details filled in and clicked process order I got a message saying "Out of Stock". Boy was I word not allowed!

Anyway I noticed that The Odyssey stayed in the shopping cart with the $200 discount so I retried it again this morning but got the same out of stock message.

But as usual on Sunday I went to Mass and it seems the Lord really does answer prayers because when I got home just about 15 mins ago my Samsung shopping cart was empty but It appeared the Odyssey+ is back in stock and still with $200 off. I added it to my shopping cart and checked out for $299.

If you want one get it now before they are sold out!

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/hmd/windows-mixed-reality/hmd-odyssey-windows-mixed-reality-headset-xe800zba-hc1us/

Edited by Guest

15 minutes ago, Avidean said:

I cant believe it! last night at midnight. I got my Samsung Odyssey+ into my shopping cart but by the time I got the address and credit card details filled in and clicked process order I go t a message saying "Out of Stock". Boy was I word not allowed!

Anyway I noticed that The Odyssey stayed in the shopping cart with the $200 discount so I retried it again this morning but got the same out of stock message.

Btu as usual on Sunday I went to Mass and it seems the Lord really does answer prayers because when I got home just about 15 mins ago my Samsung shopping cart was empty but It appeared the Odyssey+ is back in stock and still with $200 off. I added it to my shopping cart and checked out for $299.

If you want one get it now before they are sold out!

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/hmd/windows-mixed-reality/hmd-odyssey-windows-mixed-reality-headset-xe800zba-hc1us/

Yeah, i ordered one but it was essentially an impulse by rather than from any specofic need, as unlike some, i remain pretty pleased with my oculus.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

31 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

i remain pretty pleased with my oculus

This is my first VR headset but I am willing to bet you will be more pleased with Odyssey+

Allegedly, Screen Door is non-existent and the resolution is 3K 😁

5 minutes ago, Avidean said:

This is my first VR headset but I am willing to bet you will be more pleased with Odyssey+

Allegedly, Screen Door is non-existent and the resolution is 3K 😁

I'm pretty confident that the image will be better, but I'm not so convinced that the wmr experience will be better than my current Oculus experience, with the ability to open Windows within the game and other things. Beyond that I believe the Oculus has the best available controllers out there and that the wmr controllers will be a definite step down.

Still, I'm ready to try the experiment.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

its not bad I think you will be surprised hope you enjoy it. 😄

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

8 hours ago, dbw1 said:

Anyone in Canada find a deal?

well I am in Canada and I am using MyUSA.com to ship it to me. But If you are not comfortable with that go to the microsoft store you can get if got CAD $449.00. Its out of stock on there website but I see its available in store in the Eaton Center or the Yorkdale center if you live in Toronto.

It is also the same price on Amazon. 299 and shows in stock.

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

3 minutes ago, 19dcavscout said:

It is also the same price on Amazon. 299 and shows in stock.

Also not the plus. It’s the regular one

31 minutes ago, GHarrall said:

Also not the plus. It’s the regular one

You are correct. I did not realize there were two different versions. My mistake.

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

Devons rig

Anyway with the back order delivery date on my order going up to january 2019. I decided to pop into the microsoft store in downtown Toronto today since I was down there. I picked up the Odyssey plus for CAD$449 plus tax came to CAD$507.

I cancelled the order on Samsung.com which had come to CAD$405 but on top of it being back ordered I had to give a US shipping address to order it in the first place courtesy of MYUSA.com. So I figure shipping and fees from there would have been about CAD$40.

I would have had them send it via USPS which customs usually don't bother with but if they did I could have ended up with brokerage, duty and local tax on top of that So it potentially could have cost me more in the long run buying it in the US even though the discount in Canada is less. CAD$200 off CAD$649 compared to US$200 off US$499.

Anyway, I finally got a VR headset. Now I have to down grade to Windows 10 😢

Anyway just to confirm for anyone interested it is available for CAD$449 plus HST in the Microsoft Store in the Eaton Center in Down town Toronto and Probably the Yorkdale Mall and the Dufferine Mall.