Sign in to follow this  
Clutch Cargo

Introducing simwestFOTOREAL

What started as a simple little add-on for myself turned into a major, multi-year project.  The goal was not perfection but really 3-parts: immersion, performance and enjoyment.  I think I have accomplished this but the only way to make sure is to let others try it.

So I am seeking beta testers to fly simwestFOTOREAL.  We need all types of simmers with all types of platforms.  So if you fly with P3Dv4, v3, v2, v1 and/or FSX or FSX:SE and are interested in beta testing please send me an email at...

‘projects @ simwest . com’  (FYI - there are no spaces in the email address).  Please type ‘BetaTester’ for the Subject line.

Here are some development shots:

San Diego, California, USA is where I live so I thought it best to start there. 

SWF_SanDiego_day.jpg

Point Loma in San Diego showing KSAN ahead and to the right is North Island Naval Air Station. 

SWF_PointLoma_day.jpg

The town of Big Bear, California in the San Bernardino mountains.  It’s been said in winter you can ski the slopes in the morning and hit the beach for some sun in the afternoon!

SWF_BigBear_winter.jpg

Big Bear at a winter’s night.  Looks like the slopes are in full operation.  As you can see night lighting is "baked" into the scenery... not placed on top.

SWF_BigBear_WinterNight.jpg

Albuquerque, New Mexico

SWF_ALBQ_winter.jpg

KABQ, Albuquerque, New Mexico

SWF_KABQ_area.jpg

Calexico, Mexico

SWF_Calexico_Mex-2.jpg

200 Miles North of San Diego, California is the seaside town of Santa Barbara.

SWF_SantaBarbara_dawn.jpg

Santa Barbara, nightfall.

SWF_SantaBarbara_dusk.jpg

"The Valley" (San Fernando Valley),  is an area north of Los Angeles.  Who can remember the song 'Valley Girl"!?  Here we are at 30,000 feet.

SWF_TheValley_30000.jpg

Yuma, Arizona

SWF_Yuma_AZ-2.jpg

The idea of simwestFOTOREAL was to serve as a scenery “base” where one could fly with it on its own or add higher detailed add-on airports.  Here is California’s Ontario airport KONT with the default airport.

SWF_Ontario_before.jpg

We then “dropped in” Shez Ansari's superb KONT.  While we can’t guarantee all add-ons will match this good, but this one turned out nice.

SWF_Ontario_shez.jpg

Even little "fly-over" towns that you may never see are modeled.  This is small town of Holt, California.

SWF_Holt_day.jpg

Palm Springs, California

SWF_PalmSprings_dusk-1.jpg

Well, no need for more as I am sure you get the idea.  Thank you for checking us out.

Clutch

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Hi Clutch,

What a superb effort - from San Diego all the to Albuquerque to Santa Barbara - holy smokes - what an area to cover... Better start buying those Terabyte drives - fellas... I'm a poor choice for a beta tester - but - simply WOW - thoroughly impressed... Normally - I'm not a fan of photo real but that looks simply flawless... LOL - I guess you've truly mastered Arno's ScenProc... I wonder how long that would take to crunch... This looks like it will give ORBX's "True Earth" a run for the money... Best of luck to you...

Why can't any of the developers be from the Northeastern US [sigh] - LOL...

Regards,

Scott 

Edited by scottb613
  • Upvote 2

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

WOW!  Will you be able to provide seasonal? 

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Try and drop in my KNYL Yuma scenery and KLGB scenery into it too. Looks like it would blend nicely.

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Yeah! That Arizona pic looks delightful.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On 11/19/2018 at 3:32 PM, scottb613 said:

What a superb effort - from San Diego all the to Albuquerque to Santa Barbara - holy smokes - what an area to cover... Better start buying those Terabyte drives - fellas...

+1

Just to get a rough idea, Clutch, how large is California with its autogen? Is it at 1m/pixel?

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Thank you guys for the words of encouragement.  Just to answer a few questions, the shots just represent what we are working on not that is it entirely one add-in.  If popular, we would roll out areas across the USA state-by-state (or by large area).

Seasons are planned based on area.  For example, in southern California we added winter snow for mountain areas but not entire fully developed seasons where it is mainly wet/dry seasons.  Else, that can make a release up to 5 times larger to include PR for each season completely.  I'm all for seasons, I actually prefer them but it will just depends.

At 1m/pp, that could make California 60-80GB, throw in all seasons up to 150-200GB (guestimates).  Thank goodness HDD are droppin' in prices!

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU

When can we get our hands on this and what region will the first title cover? Will it blend well with Orbx/LatinVFR Airports in the Socal area?

Edited by mikced76

Thanks for the interest.  We are still beta testing.  Always takes longer than expected.  But I am sure you would rather have the issues on our end rather than your end 😀.  We are testing with different 3rd-party add-ons as well.  Some blend nicely (like LatinVFR's San Diego), others... well being different developers there will never be a perfect match but we are seeing encouraging results.

Do you have any shots of the Las Vegas or Phoenix area?

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

On 1/18/2019 at 10:12 AM, Clutch Cargo said:

Thanks for the interest.  We are still beta testing.  Always takes longer than expected.  But I am sure you would rather have the issues on our end rather than your end 😀.  We are testing with different 3rd-party add-ons as well.  Some blend nicely (like LatinVFR's San Diego), others... well being different developers there will never be a perfect match but we are seeing encouraging results.

You let the Cat out of the bag? I'm so glad, I am having a very hard time not saying anything 🙂

Would like to see this with FlyTampa's KLAS!

• Upvote 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.