Sign in to follow this  
Noel

What are the big missing features in XP11.x v P3D 4.x now?

I just love, how someone can directly insult another person, but as long as one puts in, or starts the sentence with "With respect ..." or "With all due respect, but ..." or "No offense, but ..." or similar.

Have always amazed me, to be honest...

Edited by Anders Bermann

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

36 minutes ago, awf said:

Most flying commercial and 5 days per week and done 40 / 50 legs and crashing in different hotels across Europe, doing other stuff in there free time as debating flight dynamics on a game / simulator forum...

Well, I have been an airline pilot (737,747, A320) for almost 23 years and done all of the above - and I LOVE debating flight dynamics on a game/ simulator forum. So I guess I don´t count among the "most" you mention... 😂

Cheers, Jan

15 minutes ago, Janov said:

Well, I have been an airline pilot (737,747, A320) for almost 23 years and done all of the above - and I LOVE debating flight dynamics on a game/ simulator forum. So I guess I don´t count among the "most" you mention... 😂

Cheers, Jan

I guess not Jan, and by all means glad you do and have fun with it, but most don't in that manner 😂

Edited by awf
spelling lol

André

After flying X-Plane for a number of years and XP11 currently there's really three things that continue to be a pain: ATC - no matter how much they try (which isn't much) you want a basic ATC matched with a competent -  next thing - Traffic AI program. FSX has always had this. Even to this day flying P3Dv4, despite the fact I have several payware ATC programs, I'll easily use the default ATC and it synchs with your traffic AI program.

Then traffic AI. Yes I know World Traffic3 has improved but the fact of the matter there is whole issue of running it at every airport and hoping that ground routes can be made for that airport and waiting for the population to occur. Whether UT/MyTraffic/Global Traffic for P3D there is nothing like installing these traffic AI programs and forgetting about them when the sim starts - planes at gates, parking etc. Run and forget.

FInally, it is an absolute shame that seasonal textures seem to be some kind of afterthought.And don't get me started with TerraMax an absolutely poor substitute and the huge time needed for them to install in-sim.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

3 hours ago, Janov said:

Cheers, Jan

And I'm another one, been flying  the 747 for the last 22 years and flying commercially since I was 19. However I was simming before that on my commodore 64 from my early teens, so am I a commercial pilot who enjoys flight sims or a simmer who has resorted to commercial aviation to fund my Orbx habit ? I'm not sure!

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

9 hours ago, awf said:

I don't take you serious, making the statements about flight dynamics (based on all your comments in this thread)

Even a level-d simulator can't be compared to the RW stuff...
With respect we are sitting on an armchair behind a computer screen and discussing flight dynamics if they are more real or not between those two simulators,  a reality check would be a good idea 🤣

Most flying commercial and 5 days per week and done 40 / 50 legs and crashing in different hotels across Europe, doing other stuff in there free time as debating flight dynamics on a game / simulator forum...

I leave it at this...

This thread is about missing features in P3D and XP. Where the level-d sim and your commercial flying across europe comes in, I'm not really sure about 🙂

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12