Sign in to follow this  
jcuellar

Garmin Trainer 6.50.1 no power (black screen)

Hi,

I just purchased yesturday a digital copy of X-Plane 11 and install it without issues, at the same time Carenado's S550 install it and is working fine, then the GTN 750 and I just see a black screen. What I'm doing wrong?

This is the content of rxpGTN log:

18/11/18 18:15:48.319 06352 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.5.7.0
18/11/18 18:15:48.319 06352 INFO ] 

And this one for  the rpxGTNSim:

18/11/18 18:15:52.059 06352 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.7.0
18/11/18 18:15:52.058 06352 INFO ] 
18/11/18 18:16:22.791 06352 WARN ] unknown version: C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Trainers\Packages\GTN\bin (0x2d5d44ed 0x58e7d38b 0 0xa821a4db 0xf722a22f 0xb924b43 )
18/11/18 18:16:22.854 06352 WARN ] unknown version: C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Trainers\Packages\GTN\bin (0x2d5d44ed 0x58e7d38b 0 0xa821a4db 0xf722a22f 0xb924b43 )
18/11/18 18:16:22.916 06352 WARN ] unknown version: C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Trainers\Packages\GTN\bin (0x2d5d44ed 0x58e7d38b 0 0xa821a4db 0xf722a22f 0xb924b43 )
18/11/18 18:16:22.950 06352 WARN ] trainer not found
18/11/18 18:16:23.076 06352 WARN ] unknown version: C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Trainers\Packages\GTN\bin (0x2d5d44ed 0x58e7d38b 0 0xa821a4db 0xf722a22f 0xb924b43 )
18/11/18 18:16:23.138 06352 WARN ] unknown version: C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Trainers\Packages\GTN\bin (0x2d5d44ed 0x58e7d38b 0 0xa821a4db 0xf722a22f 0xb924b43 )
18/11/18 18:16:23.198 06352 WARN ] unknown version: C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Trainers\Packages\GTN\bin (0x2d5d44ed 0x58e7d38b 0 0xa821a4db 0xf722a22f 0xb924b43 )

All trainers are installed with the latest version. 

The trainer also is blacked screen.

Any help wil be great.

Jaime

Monterrey, México

Hi,

Garmin has indeed released a new Garmin trainer v6.50.1 which is an update fix to their previous trainer release, and we are working on this one already, expecting a RXP GTN update anytime soon tomorrow if not tonight if all goes as planned.

@jcuellar Did you get the latest trainer installed automatically from the RXP installer, or because you've manually downloaded and installed the trainer yourself?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

12 minutes ago, RXP said:

Hi,

Garmin has indeed released a new Garmin trainer v6.50.1 which is an update fix to their previous trainer release, and we are working on this one already, expecting a RXP GTN update anytime soon tomorrow if not tonight if all goes as planned.

@jcuellar Did you get the latest trainer installed automatically from the RXP installer, or because you've manually downloaded and installed the trainer yourself?

It was installed automatically.

Thankyou for your response and looking forward for the update.

We're finishing up the last tests and all seems good.

We've also done a number of other enhancements since v2.5.7 regardless of the trainer and we need to make a final validation too.

However, because of the time and the remaining 'release' packaging, I doubt it will be ready tonight, but rather available tomorrow morning our time (UTC-5).

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

1 minute ago, RXP said:

We're finishing up the last tests and all seems good.

We've also done a number of other enhancements since v2.5.7 regardless of the trainer and we need to make a final validation too.

However, because of the time and the remaining 'release' packaging, I doubt it will be ready tonight, but rather available tomorrow morning our time (UTC-5).

Great news and looking forward.

Thanks

Jaime

Monterrey, Mexico

Real Pilot of C500 series

Any update t this issue? I bought this yesterday and still can't use it with the black screen.

Kind of hard to navigate with no GPS. ;)

I am going to assume from the lack of a response today that we are not getting a fix.

Can you give us a date when it will be available?

1 hour ago, AdmiralGump said:

I am going to assume from the lack of a response today that we are not getting a fix.

Can you give us a date when it will be available?

I bought the GTN750 today, and my first experience was terrible due this update. I'm soooo excited to fly using the GTN750 but I cannot, because we need to wait for a long time for an update. I'll wait one day more, and if the RXP don't release the update I'll ask for a refund.

well i bought it today aswell, i missed it since switching to xplane, but it seems to be a more complex update than they anticipated, since they announced a few hours, and two days later, they're still working on it....

i will not ask for a refund (which they most probably don't do anyways on downloaded products) i will wait patiently, because i know the gtn is worth it from experience in my previous simulator

ALL that said. i too wish they'd hurry up, i'm getting itchy fingers lol

• Like 1

Hi,

We've have had a last minute delay and missed our morning shot, but the RXP GTN v2.5.8 with support for Trainer v6.50.1 is now live:

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, EngAviador said:

I'll wait one day more, and if the RXP don't release the update I'll ask for a refund.

@EngAviador

I'm sorry for the unfortunate 8H delay to our initially planned schedule, and the unexpected out-the-box experience.

Nevertheless, do you know you have a 30 days window for a refund? Besides, any CC purchase won't be due until the next statement isn't it?  You may want to reconsider not everything is this much urgent and you wouldn't want to miss the unique experience you'll get with the Reality XP GTN!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, AdmiralGump said:

Hi, please don't assume any lack of response, in a 12H time span, means you won't get a fix!

For once, we just could have had electrical problems (it is snowing where we are), or a last minute bug needed to be fixed. Otherwise, we're a small team and usually when we're close to a release, 110% of our resources are uniquely allocated to the release. We can't answer the forum at the same time.

Hopefully, your assumptions were erroneous but your patience is rewarded with the v2.5.8 update now released!

2 hours ago, RegY said:

i will wait patiently, because i know the gtn is worth it from experience in my previous simulator

@RegY I sincerely appreciate your patience and 'clairvoyance'!

• Upvote 1