Sign in to follow this  
mpw8679

Why not the 9700K?

On 11/21/2018 at 9:16 PM, mpw8679 said:

Ended up ordering a 9600k bundle from NewEgg for $425.  Comes with a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi.  I really wanted to try the 9700k but I refuse to pay Intels ridiculous prices.

Share us your impressions/performances on heavy areas with pmdg and aerosoft aircrafts 

25 minutes ago, BrucoGianluco05 said:

Share us your impressions/performances on heavy areas with pmdg and aerosoft aircrafts 

Ya for sure. I sold my 2 1080ti’s and will be installing a 2080ti also.

Matt Wilson

Have my 9600K up and running. Haven't done a complete flight yet, just short tests. Strange phenomenon: CPU utilization is much lower (50 %, down from 90), but FPS are hardly higher. Gotta look into that.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

I have my 9600k up ang going.  It is hard to give an accurate judgment on performance over the 7700k since I installed 4.4 at the same time.  So some of the improvements could be from that.  Definitely better scenery loading.  I can run FFTF=0.01 and have no blurry scenery issues.  Frames are up and more consistent.  Flying into FSDT KLAX used to be around 26-27 FPS now it will hold a steady 30fps.  So it could be the upgrades or the newer version of P3d.  Hard to say but definitely happy with the upgrade.

Matt Wilson

Same here too. Got the 9700k up and running. 5ghz all cores. Not all addons are on yet but most of them, and so far the experience is pleasing.  I did gain a little fps but more importantly, its way more smoother and can hold 30 very well if I lock it there. The previous 6700k had trouble occasionally to do that. Wasnt expecting a huge jump in fps, especially my bottleneck is now the GPU but having it smoother is a much better experience.  The only noticeable detriment is the long frames I get in heavy areas, and even pauses and stutters but I think that goes for just about any machine, and has to do more with coping with all the scenery layers in heavy areas. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 12:53 AM, HighTowers said:

Same here too. Got the 9700k up and running. 5ghz all cores. Not all addons are on yet but most of them, and so far the experience is pleasing.  I did gain a little fps but more importantly, its way more smoother and can hold 30 very well if I lock it there. The previous 6700k had trouble occasionally to do that. Wasnt expecting a huge jump in fps, especially my bottleneck is now the GPU but having it smoother is a much better experience.  The only noticeable detriment is the long frames I get in heavy areas, and even pauses and stutters but I think that goes for just about any machine, and has to do more with coping with all the scenery layers in heavy areas. 

What vcore do u have for the overclock?  My 9600K hits a brick wall past 4.9ghz.   

Matt Wilson

17 hours ago, mpw8679 said:

What vcore do u have for the overclock?  My 9600K hits a brick wall past 4.9ghz.   

Its set for 1.31 but adaptive.  HWINFO64 reports up to 1.36 at times. You could just have a silicon lottery issue, or perhaps depends on the VRM on your MB. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png