Sign in to follow this  

Jumper on PSU to enable SATA power channels?

I thought the standard pin 15 & 16 would work for powering up the SATA lines, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to work?  Seems to only power peripheral line?

My fan controllers use SATA power lines, but they aren't powering on ... any suggestions?

Google search is coming up empty and I don't see any conversion cables of PSU SATA out to Peripheral?

Cheers, Rob.

24 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

My fan controllers use SATA power lines, but they aren't powering on

Image result for My fan controllers use SATA power lines, but they aren't powering on

I am not real clear on what you are saying. Is this what you need?

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Not sure which header you are using to plug in the controller but I see some similar problems and the solution was to make sure you have a true 4 pin header. From what I read some headers have 4 pins but only use 3. To be clear true 4pin header and sata for power or it will not work.

Edited by shivers9

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the response.  I was thinking perhaps there was some additional jumper I needed to get the SATA power channels, but that wasn't the case.

I did some more diagnostics and it looks like the issue was the white SATA cable I purchased online, it was only supplying 3.3v and I needed 5V ... I've gone back to my standard black cable and all is good ... not as clean wiring but it works.

Cheers, Rob.

Good deal!!

Sam