Sign in to follow this  
whammo11224

Flight plans using Simbrief Question...

I am using Simbrief to create flight plans. The flight plans are complete when they are ready for download into the FMS. However, when I load them into the FMS, they are always incomplete, i.e. they are not airport to airport. They seem to cut-off in the middle of the flight plan. Anyone have any idea on why this happens?

Thank you

Gus Lane

Edited by whammo11224
name

2 hours ago, whammo11224 said:

I am using Simbrief to create flight plans. The flight plans are complete when they are ready for download into the FMS. However, when I load them into the FMS, they are always incomplete, i.e. they are not airport to airport. They seem to cut-off in the middle of the flight plan. Anyone have any idea on why this happens?

Thank you

Gus Lane

Are you using the SimBrief Downloader to install your flightplans?  I've never had a flightplan cut off short and I use SimBrief all the time.

• Upvote 1

Never ever got any problem with the simbrief flightplans imported via the Simbief downloader for my MD11 or 777. You should have miss something!

Regards 

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Gus, 

what do you mean with „cut in the middle“? It‘s perfectly normal that they don‘t reach the airport if you mean that magenta line. You‘ll have to select the correct arrival and approach yourself. So the plan usually stops with the first fix of the STAR. That‘s how you‘d receive any plan as the arrival route is up to the airport and not to your dispatcher.

23 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

Gus, 

what do you mean with „cut in the middle“? It‘s perfectly normal that they don‘t reach the airport if you mean that magenta line. You‘ll have to select the correct arrival and approach yourself. So the plan usually stops with the first fix of the STAR. That‘s how you‘d receive any plan as the arrival route is up to the airport and not to your dispatcher.

The magenta line is exactly what I'm talking about. But the line doesn't even get close to the airport. Most times the  magenta line is cut off in the middle of the line/flightpath.

Gus Lane

The only thing I could imagine causing this is that you are using different nav databases in Simbrief and for the PMDG airplanes. Do you have a navigraph subscription? If yes, check that both your airplane's navdata and the Simbrief database are up to date. If thesy don't match it is possible that your FMS doesn't know certain fixes or airways that are provided by Simbrief.

bWmuEqq.jpg

Anything else doesn't make much sense to me. There is simply no reason why the route should be interrupted.

Edited by Ephedrin