Sign in to follow this  
Wink207

Need Advice Please on New 43" 4k TV as Monitor

+ Reply to Thread
  1. Yesterday, 06:08 AM #1
    silverheels2 is online now Member

Default Need Help With 43 inch 4k Vizio Problem Please

Hi all:
    Well, my 1080p Vizio TV monitor died and I had to replace it. So I went with a 43 inch Vizio "4K" 43D 2018 TV to replace. Hooked it up and mostly everything is good except for a couple of questions. These things don't come with much documentation and I've researched this on the web, but 2 questions still stand:

1. With my earlier Vizio when you launch the nVidia Display Manager, or whatever it is called, and open the page "Change Resolution", there were choice boxes at the bottom for color standard and the " Dynamic Range" on colors.  Mine are stuck on AXZYMK or something like that, and "Limited". There are no other choices. On my other Vizio you could check RGB and "Full" and it made a huge difference in the picture quality. With this Vizio, that box is grayed out and stuck on "Limited". Any ideas on how to fix that?
    I forgot to add earlier, if I go to 30hz instead of 60 hz, the RBG choice and the Full Range choices appear, as if by magic!

2. The 43D has three HDMI ports. Can I assume they are all the same as far as picture quality goes? Thoughts?
    I am running 4920K oc'd to 4.5 and nVIDIA 970 GTX.
    Thank you in advance,
    Rick
Edited by Wink207

I would not assume that all three HDMI ports are the same, on some TV's they will have a HDMI which supports only HD 1080, and the other will support the 4k UHD, I would try them I see if anything changes with the image.

Do you have the TV set to COMPUTER picture mode?  Do you have the FULL UHD COLOR set to ENABLED?

Sheldon "Bill" Williams

3 hours ago, MartinRex007 said:

I would not assume that all three HDMI ports are the same, on some TV's they will have a HDMI which supports only HD 1080, and the other will support the 4k UHD, I would try them I see if anything changes with the image.

Yes, I tried all three. I couldn't see any difference in the picture once they were set up the same. Certainly it made no difference at all with the RBG/Full range issue.

Thanks anyway for the suggestion.

Rick

1 hour ago, bill10 said:

Do you have the TV set to COMPUTER picture mode?  Do you have the FULL UHD COLOR set to ENABLED?

Bill10, you nailed it!!!! It was FULL UHD COLOR was NOT enabled. Once I did that, bingo.

I owe you a beer!!

Thank you so much for weighing in.

Rick

15 minutes ago, Wink207 said:

Bill10, you nailed it!!!! It was FULL UHD COLOR was NOT enabled. Once I did that, bingo.

I owe you a beer!!

Thank you so much for weighing in.

Rick

CORONA!!   😉

Nothing owed glad to help out.

Sheldon "Bill" Williams