Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

TSS Falcon 50 Sound Pack

Hi Folks,

Just an FYI - I'm probably as big a fan of TSS sound packs as I am of Flysimware aircraft - so when Mark posted the parties couldn't reach an agreement during development - I queried Christopher (TSS) - he did state that there is indeed a TSS Falcon 50 sound pack in the works that will be available for a separate purchase for those so inclined... No ETA asked or given... All good in my book...

Regards,
Scott 

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 4

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

TSS does make some good sounds.

This is my custom sound set and i am very happy with how it turned out. Put the spot view behind the engines and rev it up and listen the rumble as you get near full thrust. Compare this to the L45. Also i noticed the 7x for FSX used the exact copy of the L45 cfg sound file. So again much better than default and the 7x.

Edited by Flysimware
  • Like 2

Thats awsome news...not anything against flysimware but id like to see the soundset upgraded a tad. The apu sound being the same inside and out was a little let down..but honestly overall they didnt to a bad job. Id love to hear a little more roar outside at full thrust and inside a little more of that trademark groan at full power

Glad to get some feedback.

The APU sounds are part of my custom sounds not the default sound folder and cfg. They can only be the same sound volume for interior and exterior. So any suggestion on volume would be good as we can update this.

Today i noticed i also want more roar. What do you mean by more groan for interior?

Edited by Flysimware

If you listen to take takeoff..once the engines spool to full power it has that whine/groan sound. Im not sure but if i recal is got something to do with the compressor blades. Anyway..pretty distinct sound, similar to the way rolls royce RB211 has a much deeper groan to it at full power. As far as the outside thrust sound..its not bad by any means..i just love quite a bit more of that deep thundering roar. Maybe even turn up the outside reverse thrust roar too.

At any rate..its not a bad sound set at all. Overall you guys did a VERY good job on this bird seriously! No complaints here at all!

Edited by chevelle505

In this video on the take off note the trademark "whine" the garretts make at full power..but behind obviously is the deep thundering roar...then on the full stop landing once he deploys the reverse and gets into it..theres that window rattling roar..pure awsome. Years ago i used to work line service..always loved it when the pilot of a falcon trijet lands and absolutly lays into the throttle in reverse...pure awsome lol.

Hi Folks,

Thanks Mark - yep - and this wasn't intended as a slight against your fine work - I've been buying TSS sound packs for all my aircraft that have a matching sets for years... Started using Christian's work back when they were freeware in FS8 or FS9 - haven't looked back...

Yep - the APU being the same internally and externally immediately caught my attention as well - I didn't know it was a limitation of the sim...

I'll give the existing sound set a deeper look as well...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

21 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Thanks Mark - yep - and this wasn't intended as a slight against your fine work - I've been buying TSS sound packs for all my aircraft that have a matching sets for years... Started using Christian's work back when they were freeware in FS8 or FS9 - haven't looked back...

Yep - the APU being the same internally and externally immediately caught my attention as well - I didn't know it was a limitation of the sim...

I'll give the existing sound set a deeper look as well...

Regards,
Scott

I am glad you contacted him. Because since we could not reach an agreement he can still make some money since he passed on what i offered. And he can also sell for the 7x and the Carenado model coming. This will also increasse advertising. So it does not effect me. But i already have plans to improve the sounds because my tech guy fly the Lear35A and it uses the same engines. Also good for other sounds.