Sign in to follow this  
skip d

create camera view

•  

I have searched this forum and a few others(including Google) for a Tutorial/Guide/Any instruction....on how to use the "Create New Camera View" .I hate to say it....but I'm TOTALLY lost. The P3Dv4  SDK is absolutely foreign to me.
All I want to do is take a picture of the A/P panel in my HS748. It is located on the center console between the Pilot and FO. I'd like to be able to assign a key to it so I can pop it up while still maintaining my view out the front. 
Seems like it should be rather easy to accomplish....if only I knew what the proper steps are for 'creating this new camera'
Sorry to seem like a dolt....but I'm really hoping someone will walk me thru this without laffing TOO hard !!
Thanks for any help !!  P3Dv4.3 Win 7 Home Premium 64
Skip d

This won't completely answer your question Skip but it may help

a quick fix is to use the "["  (left bracket key) to open a new popup window - then navigate in that window as you normally would to get the panel showing - keep it open while you work - close it by using the "]" close bracket key. Not sure if you can save the camera though.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I have to readily agree with Scott.  I started w/ EZDOK but it has one of those user interfaces that makes perfect sense to the developer but no one else.  I was hesitant to purchase ChasePlane having already purchased EZDOK a year earlier but the interface is intuitive and exactly what you are looking for.  Why Lockheed didn't build a product like CP into the product over the past few years is quite surprising.

Mark

• Like 1

Mark and Scott are right , great software......

• Like 1

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

Thanks guys for all the suggestions !!   Chase plane sounds like it will do exactly as I want.

Where can it be purchased,and do you think it might be offered as a Black Friday deal ??

Skip d

• Like 1

Hi Skip,

I don't know of any sales - can't recall if I've ever seen one from this developer...

Added a video - although it not recent - should give you a good introduction... It also has a full motion system to make your view of the sim that much more realistic...

Vendors Site: https://oldprop.com/sim/ChasePlane/

Regards,
Scott

ChasePlane

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

14 minutes ago, skip d said:

Thanks guys for all the suggestions !!   Chase plane sounds like it will do exactly as I want.

Where can it be purchased,and do you think it might be offered as a Black Friday deal ??

Skip d

Thanks Scott for all that info.  I REALLY liked the realistic views in that video.Do you know what GPU was used ??  I'm about to go to a GTX 1080 ti from a GTX 980.....

2 minutes ago, skip d said:

Thanks Scott for all that info.  I REALLY liked the realistic views in that video.Do you know what GPU was used ??  I'm about to go to a GTX 1080 ti from a GTX 980.....

Hi Skip,

Happy to help - but no - I don't know what he has...

I can say ChasePlane runs fine - without any noticeable impact - on my 2700K@4.7Ghz Sandy with a GTX970... I'm building a new 7700K GTX1070 Ti right now - as I couldn't bring myself to spend more than $500.00 on a video card...

Regards,
Scott

This GPU stuff is getting rapidly 'out of control' !!!

I've been watching the 1080 ti's go from 500.00 on the 6th of Nov..........to 600.00 for the same card today.

I don't know whether to jump now or wait !!!

Skip d