Sign in to follow this  
bloxboy

GSX Problem with Orbx LOWI

Hope someone can help here as my original post (copy below) on the "FSDT" forum got plenty of views but NO reply's, not even from the DEVS !

When I have started the sim (P3v4) and loaded up LOWI and parked at a stand say 6, I start gsx and it says I am at the helipad (JKLI) and it wants me to select a helipad parking space as if I have just landed. I cannot get it to change to the main menu. This only happens at LOWI and at any parking space there. All my other airports work fine with GSX.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

John.

Well John, in a way I can understand that there is little response as this sounds very strange... I cannot find any reference to JKLI. There are some helipads included in the LOWI scenery but the codes are all different.

I do not think GSX is at fault here as GSX just reads the applicable AFCAD. If there are more afcads involved it picks the one that it thinks is appropiate. If you go to the add-on menu option at the top you will see the GSX / Customize airport options. Selecting this gives you an GSX option menu and in the left top corner it will show you what AFCAD GSX is using. From there you can trace the origin of this "unwanted" afcad. Depending on the source you decide on the plan of action. So the FSDT forum might not the best place to find an answer to your question

Could be that is something wrong in the order of your scenery config file and that something "else" is taking priority over the right LOWI afcad file.

The Afcad file that GSX should be using is LOWI\scenery\Westsim_Innsbruck_APX.bgl.

What happens if you land at LOWI.. in stead of loading up the position.. does that change anything ? 

b rdgs / Dick

Edited by dick

Do you have any heli ai in your sim? Perhaps maybe something you brought in from FSX? You need to disable GSX from seeing those smaller airports that are too close to your actual airports.. It's all covered in the GSX manual.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

20 hours ago, bloxboy said:

Thanks Dick for your reply, I will check your suggestions and report back.

John.

Have a look at the GSX Manual, page 25, the chapter named "Airport Visibility", sub-title "Auxiliary airports/helipads/seaplane bases"

quoted   from  your  post  in the gsx  forum

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks Guys for all your help, I think I have it sorted. First I must apologise for giving the wrong ICAO code, it should be "JFLI", not "JKLI", that GSX would default to at LOWI. I have tracked the problem to "Traffic Global" that I have installed. For some reason GSX picks up JFLI when parked at LOWI, from the TrafficGlobal\Airport Facilities\scenery folder. If I uninstall TG, GSX Works fine.

So I did reinstall TG and then went into the "Couatiaddons" folder and excluded JFLI airport  in the .INI file as per you guys suggestions and reading the Manuel, and now GSX works fine at LOWI.

So again many thanks.

John.