Sign in to follow this  
JesC

Vertx DA-62 News - Released on Dec 14th

Okay, I'm only giving Vertx a couple of more hours...and then.... I'll wait a whole bunch more.

Edited by jimcarrel
  • Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

5 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

Okay, I'm only giving Vertx a couple of more hours...and then.... I'll wait a whole bunch more.

Most excellent🤣

I'm gonna take a break for a snack, somebody SCREAM if its released, I will hear! 🏃‍♂️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

I've been communicating all morning with him and I can assure you that he's wide awake working hard...

LOL, indeed I'm sure he is... all the last minute stuff that seems to creep in at this point of releasing such a project.  Been there, done that... all the best to ya, Sean!

Now if you'll excuse me I have to get back to my F5 key...

Greg

• Like 2

I used to live in Brisbane for many years and now live in Tasmania.

Tasmania is an hour ahead of Brisbane (daylight saving) which makes it 6.15am in Brisbane as I write this post.

There is still a lot of Saturday left (or Friday for you guys that are upside down 🙂 )

I hope Sean has had some sleep as no doubt it will be a big day for him if it does get released today.

3 hours ago, rudi0310 said:

Regarding the views. Sean confirmed there are no popups.

This can be seen as good or bad. I see it as good because it gets away from what has always been. I used to prefer 2D cockpits back in the FS9 days, but VC's have come a long way, and now I don't even like 2D cockpits at all. VR is possibly going to be the same transition for me going forward. 

LM has been moving more and more to VR and 2D popups are not needed with VR so much. VR is not going anywhere and hopefully it will get to the point of practically being able to fly a 2+hour flight w/o the present discomfort of the current headsets after long term use.

All-n-all I have both multi-monitor and VR and I can go either way, as long as I can see what I need to see, I'm good.

I use ChasePlane and have a camera view for all my planes, assigned to the same button and key that zooms in on the GPS or FMS etc.

This has removed my need for a pop-up.

ChasePlane is an excellent add-on and has removed my desire to purchase an expensive (here in Australia) TrackIR.

Edited by PaulFWatts

1 minute ago, PaulFWatts said:

This has removed the need for a pop-up.

Not totally removed the need, because some use popups for full sized cockpit layouts. 

1 minute ago, pracines said:

Not totally removed the need, because some use popups for full sized cockpit layouts. 

Good point.

I’ve edited to change to my poorly worded intent to say “my need” instead of “the need”.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PaulFWatts said:

I used to live in Brisbane for many years and now live in Tasmania.

Tasmania is an hour ahead of Brisbane (daylight saving) which makes it 6.15am in Brisbane as I write this post.

There is still a lot of Saturday left (or Friday for you guys that are upside down 🙂 )

I hope Sean has had some sleep as no doubt it will be a big day for him if it does get released today.

I also wish Sean to have a good sleep and breakfast first!

Tasmania, interesting area! Years ago I offered guided group flights for bush pilots in Tasmania and elsewhere, one of the group members, a PPL, was solo flying again one of the tour legs I offered and made a video

I learned a lot about Tasmania during this time, for example that the kangoroos have a opium problem (Tasmania was named as the biggest producer of opium for medical use at that time)

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

Hi @rudi0310

Thanks for the video.

Tasmania is indeed a very beautiful place with lots of exotic flora and fauna, including the very interesting “Tasmania Devil”.

I’ve enjoyed your videos re Sean’s DA62 which have been very helpful and will make using the G1000 a lot easier.

Edited by PaulFWatts
  • Like 1

It's about 3pm hereabouts, I expect 30 more minutes. (lol)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

37 minutes ago, pracines said:

This can be seen as good or bad. I see it as good because it gets away from what has always been. I used to prefer 2D cockpits back in the FS9 days, but VC's have come a long way, and now I don't even like 2D cockpits at all. VR is possibly going to be the same transition for me going forward. 

LM has been moving more and more to VR and 2D popups are not needed with VR so much. VR is not going anywhere and hopefully it will get to the point of practically being able to fly a 2+hour flight w/o the present discomfort of the current headsets after long term use.

All-n-all I have both multi-monitor and VR and I can go either way, as long as I can see what I need to see, I'm good.

26 minutes ago, PaulFWatts said:

I use ChasePlane and have a camera view for all my planes, assigned to the same button and key that zooms in on the GPS or FMS etc.

This has removed my need for a pop-up.

ChasePlane is an excellent add-on and has removed my desire to purchase an expensive (here in Australia) TrackIR.

Interesting discussion. I admit that I also missed the "GPS popup" first during the beta tests. But I quickly learned to efficiently use the offered features - map insert into the PFD for example. The MFD screen is so big, and I fly using zoom factor 1, that you see a lot simply by panning view a little to the right. To produce the last videos, I modified the MFD view the DA62 offers by default by moving the eyepoint closer to the MFD (P3D: key commands - view - eyepoint move) and zooming in to 2. The MFD view can be reached from the VC view (F9) by pressing the "a" key 3 times. I asserted this key combination to a button of my joystick. I do not miss the popups anymore.

Of course this is a complex topic and ChasePlane is "on my list". Again, has anybody experience using "new view" or "new camera"? Does that work?

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

27 minutes ago, PaulFWatts said:

Believe it or not, Paul, I happily use both together. 😊

1 minute ago, rudi0310 said:

Interesting discussion. I admit that I also missed the "GPS popup" first during the beta tests. But I quickly learned to efficiently use the offered features - map insert into the PFD for example. The MFD screen is so big, and I fly using zoom factor 1, that you see a lot simply by panning view a little to the right. To produce the last videos, I modified the MFD view the DA62 offers by default by moving the eyepoint closer to the MFD (P3D: key commands - view - eyepoint move) and zooming in to 2. The MFD view can be reached from the VC view (F9) by pressing the "a" key 3 times. I asserted this key combination to a button of my joystick. I do not miss the popups anymore.

Of course this is a complex topic and ChasePlane is "on my list". Again, has anybody experience using "new view" or "new camera"? Does that work?

Chaseplane is an awesome program.  You can move your viewpoint around using controls inside of chaseplane, then save your view then either scroll through those views, or assign a specific view to a specific button.  I like it because you can actually move your viewpoint around so for example if you want a full screen view of the MFD in the DA62 you can move your viewpoint there so in the real plane it would be like your head would be right above the throttles. 

• Like 1