Sign in to follow this  
JesC

Vertx DA-62 News - Released on Dec 14th

Does anyone know if this release will have G1000 popup or ability for use on second monitor?

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

49 minutes ago, Skiff said:

In that case, I'd assume that if you have FD/AP/HUD, your DH/MDA/DA doesn't change, but that you can proceed with 1800RVR provided the measurement is coming from the airfield. If the tower is closed and your relying on McMinville, you have to go back to the published minimums.

Just my guess, though...

You have a lot of clue I would say - thanks!

43 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

I hope there are tutorials on how to do these landings with these charts.  I do not fully understand on how to read these things about navigation

This is a very complex topic and far away from what a Vertx beta tester has in scope to produce videos about. And it is spread over several documents. There is a FAA document which contains some sort of "Legend" regarding the charts. Also in the US AIM you find some info. At the FAA site you also find ATPL training material. The best I have ever seen. Of course these are valid for US only. Also a lot of aeronautical knowledge and some background info "how things work" or physical knowledge is needed. DGPS (see my video part 4 B) is such an example. What I said in the video was only to give a first idea. Is much, much simplified... Might be there are also video tutorials elsewhere. VATSIM has some documents, for members only I guess.

Edited by rudi0310
better translation
  • Like 1

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

2 minutes ago, rudi0310 said:

You have a lot of clue I would say - thanks!

This is a very complex topic and far away from what a Vertx beta tester has in scope to produce videos about. And it is spread over several documents. There is a FAA document which contains some sort of "Legend" regarding the charts. Also in the US AIM you find some info. At the FAA site you also find ATPL training material. The best I have ever seen. Of course these are valid for US only. Also a lot of aeronautical knowledge and some background info "how things work" or physical knowledge is needed. DGPS (see my video part 4 B) is such an example. What I said in the video was only to give a first idea. Is much, much simplified... Might be there are also video tutorials elsewhere. VATSIM has some documents, for members only I guess.

Thank you Rudi for sharing these insights.  

Your videos are so good.

Looking forward to this addon's release

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

56 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Thank you Rudi for sharing these insights.  

Your videos are so good.

Thanks for your feedback.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runway_visual_range

https://bruceair.wordpress.com/2017/10/24/rvr-1800-with-ap-fd-or-hud/

• Like 1

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

Part 4 C of my video series "Vertx Simulations Diamond DA62 pre-release preview" is available:

https://youtu.be/RG7ZK2x7dcA

More about VNAV and approaches. Tips regarding executing flight plans. Dynamic reflections in Prepar3D V4.4.

Parts 1, 2, 3, 4 A, 4 B links see above in this thread or have a look at my channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/rudi031

Edited by rudi0310
typo
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

4 hours ago, shivers9 said:

Does anyone know if this release will have G1000 popup or ability for use on second monitor?

I do not want to say anything which is wrong. At the moment, today, there is no popup. But these things can change very fast. At the latest at release time it will be clear. And Sean also promised to add features in the future.

Please do not consider this as "promise". I am not an "official" from Vertx. Sean decides and nobody else. And I have no clue how much people request this and how difficult this is to implement. The Vertx G1000 displays are NO common 2D gauges, see website http://www.vertxsim.com so it can not be done the usual way and I have no clue how that would hit fps.

I use only one monitor, always want the most beautiful landscape at reasonable fps. So I can nothing say about that.

I understand what you want, but remember my videos, many important info (Map, flightplan, engine parameters...) you can display on both PFD and MFD, I personally (not Vertx!) call the DA62 some sort of a "Mini Airbus" (guys, please forgive me this comparison). It has a FMA (AFCS Status Box), in my videos "part 4 A"- "part 4 C" I demonstrate some sort of "managed descend" (AFCS VPTH mode). There are so many things I could not demonstrate yet, as I mentioned several times, although I provide about 110 minutes preview video at time of writing this.

For example, the CWS (Control wheel steering) autopilot feature. You can (in autopilot mode!) command a new bank angle, pitch and more using the stick, release the stick/CWS button (see below) and the aircraft holds this attitude, only ONE simplified example! Question: Which aircraft family reminds you of that? It makes sense to take over features reliable since decades from others imo. Remember, the real thing (Diamond) was "published" 2015, in contrast to these "old Cessna soapboxes"!

What I write here is no secret. See the Garmin G1000 manual for the DA62 you have access to, search there for "CWS" and later the Vertx DA62 user guide for details and limitations, consider, regarding what I said above, is simplified, I am not an official from Vertx. See my video "part 2". You can config it as "Auto CWS" or assign a CWS button (Prepar3D: "Cabin alert - no smoking on/off") like the real thing. There seem to be "not much" "Vertx-limits" regarding this, because Sean, after a very interesting introduction, points to the Garmin docs in his user guide. Believe me, regarding this user guide, for some people it might be the first user guide they read from first to last page...

Good night for now. Hope there are not so much typos...

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

1 hour ago, rudi0310 said:

Good night for now. Hope there are not so much typos...

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. Good point about doing most things from the PDF. I had not really thought about that since I have not spend much time looking at the previous G1000 releases because they were such resource hogs and not very complete. This looks to be very nice. I will be looking forward to Friday and thanks for all the videos and information. I am sure you are getting pretty tired now and are very busy. 

• Like 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

That's interesting to me. I don't know of any plane in p3dv4 or xplane that doesn't have a 2d popup for any gps in the plane. I have many planes. That really surprises me:(

Just finished setting up a DA-62 LNM profile, and all ready for action...maybe a world tour.👨‍✈️🗺️

I intend to wear them engines out😁

Update:

All works fine at the moment. No delays.

Release date:

Asia, Australia, New Zealand: do not expect release before Saturday 2018-12-15

Europe: do not expect release before night Friday to Saturday

US: release at Friday 2018-12-14

this is only caused by the time shift between countries. Release will occur worldwide at the same time, not country-wise.

Dates named according to ISO 8601.

Edited by rudi0310
typo, Australia, New Zealand added
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

@rudi0310 I wanted to say thanks so much for your videos.  I have done some video editing before and it is a LOT of work and you did a great job with them.  They have helped so much with me feeling comfortable hopping into this plane and at least getting some of the basics going right off the bat.

I wasn't flying on flightsim with the realair planes came out.  I took a multi year break from FS for a while and I'm frustrated with how great those planes sound and that I'm not able to get them.  Then here comes this DA62, I'm so excited for it.

I have been flying on FSEconomy for a while and I am looking forward to using the DA62 on there.  I have also been planning on doing a world tour flight in a small GA plane, and I think this DA62 is going to probably be the bird I do it in. 

Great work on the plane Sean, and for the other add on developers this is the way to release a plane, have it 90% of the way there, start talking about it a couple of months, not years, in advance.  Show the real plane doing real things in the pre release stage, and then release it when you say your going to.  Yes delays happen sometimes but a week is much better than months.

Can't wait for tomorrow!

edit:  One question.  I am still on p3d v4.3 do I need to update to 4.4 for this plane or will it work on 4.3?

Edited by fluffybunny88
  • Upvote 1

I've amended the thread title to highlight tomorrow's expected release.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

26 minutes ago, fluffybunny88 said:

@rudi0310 I wanted to say thanks so much for your videos.  I have done some video editing before and it is a LOT of work and you did a great job with them.  They have helped so much with me feeling comfortable hopping into this plane and at least getting some of the basics going right off the bat.

I wasn't flying on flightsim with the realair planes came out.  I took a multi year break from FS for a while and I'm frustrated with how great those planes sound and that I'm not able to get them.  Then here comes this DA62, I'm so excited for it.

I have been flying on FSEconomy for a while and I am looking forward to using the DA62 on there.  I have also been planning on doing a world tour flight in a small GA plane, and I think this DA62 is going to probably be the bird I do it in. 

Great work on the plane Sean, and for the other add on developers this is the way to release a plane, have it 90% of the way there, start talking about it a couple of months, not years, in advance.  Show the real plane doing real things in the pre release stage, and then release it when you say your going to.  Yes delays happen sometimes but a week is much better than months.

Can't wait for tomorrow!

edit:  One question.  I am still on p3d v4.3 do I need to update to 4.4 for this plane or will it work on 4.3?

Thanks for your feedback and for sharing your experiences. A few days ago at the Vertx website main page it was announced for "Prepar3D V4", can not find that at the moment. I tested with V4.3 and V4.4. There were no changes necessary regarding V4.4 AFAIK. Dynamic reflections look different as shown in my video part 3 and 4 C https://www.youtube.com/user/rudi031 There might be performance differences also regarding dynamic reflections. Edit: This is the only aircraft capable of dynamic reflections in V4.3 AFAIK.

11 minutes ago, w6kd said:

I've amended the thread title to highlight tomorrow's expected release.

tnx  dl1uz

Edited by rudi0310

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig