Sign in to follow this  
JesC

Vertx DA-62 News - Released on Dec 14th

Hey fellas, pour yourselves a nice cold beer, get a bag of peanuts, sit in a comfy chair, watch the Dam Busters movie, wait and chill out! All good things come to those who wait 😊

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

This 'nearly there' is killing me 😛 Can't wait 😄 

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Ok, I will try to answer some questions

At the moment there is no "direct" way to use Navigraph as for example my FSLabs A320 does. As I and another betatester statet, FSAerodata which is based on Navigraph, can be used. Also AIRAC 1801 can be used for free, I showed one of several solutions in detail in my video "part 2", embedded in this thread by one of the mods (thanks). This video also explains in detail why I personally think this is the best solution for a GA aircraft.

I am not an official of Vertx, but my "forecast" from the video "part 2"is still valid, please add a few days delay caused by the website. Also my statement here at AVSIM "There is no need to look for another christmas toy this year" is still valid. Yes, you need not only an aircraft to sell an aircraft. Website, content for the website, shop, user manual, checklist...

The end of my video "part 3" shows that Vertx might be one of the few (if not the only) publisher that offers dynamic reflections. Sorry, I do not know every Prepar3D aircraft which is available on the market, but others said that here at AVSIM, regarding the DA62. Video part 3 - only 200 views for such a spectacular feature? Unbelievable.

By the way, in my tests, using Prepar3D V4.4, dynamic reflections seem not to look as spectacular, but a little more "real" than when using V4.3 😉  Also see LM V4.4 release notes - fixes and improvements.

PBR? Even major game studios reduce that to metal - "shining"/reflecting, non-metal - not shining/reflecting (learned that here at AVSIM). And it depends on the quality/calibration of the libraries used. I never would say that PBR is the same than what Vertx does. But, the DA62 also reflects, in V4.3 and V4.4. Many do not understand what I say, do not believe it or ignore what I say (including a major news site I contacted). I give it up.

Again, I am not an official at Vertx. But have a lot of experience in projects of all sizes. I`ll try to explain. The problem is not, that you estimate 7 days, and need 8 then. Or 9. (These are ONLY examples, no conclusions to be drawn, please) . Assume, you have a minor milestone to reach, Estimate 1 day. Then a problem occurs. You need 5 days. A weekend is in between. 7 days. One week, "Two days" end in 2 weeks. And, do not believe this is an "exception", this is very complex work, happens very often. Ok, 2 days. What do you say when asked? 50 % margin, 3 days. 100 %, 4 days? I think you understand. Only examples, no conclusions, please.

The advantage for you is, you get an aircraft which is ready to use. Not half ready.

The next what might happen is, that the website goes online again. I am sure you understand why I will not risk a "forecast" at the moment.

Edited by rudi0310
typos
  • Like 2

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

I am 100% ordering this on day 1 release.  @rudi0310, your videos are excellent - I just the long video after I posted on here.  I was surprised at the end.  So cool, so excited.  You did excellent presentation!!! hoping to see more videos from you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I dont understand the navdata issue.

Will we be able to fly updated lpv and rnav approaches like we do in the PMDG planes? I thought fsareodata just updated the vor and ndbs? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I thought fsareodata just updated the vor and ndbs? 

fsaerodata updates all of the following for the default airports:

1. comm frequencies, including FIR and ARTCC comms. Center boundaries are also further divided into sectors when available.
  2. VOR, NDB frequencies and location
  3. ILS frequencies and alignment
  4. magnetic variation data
  5. SIDs and STARs
  6. approaches
  7. waypoints
  8. airways
  9. airspace boundaries
  10. ICAOs for new airports
  11. runway designators
  12. obsolete navaids are disabled

fsaerodata does not update the following:

1. the physical geometry of the airport, such as adding or subtracting runways that have changed since FSX was released.
  2. Any 3rd party airport  navaid data that is a higher priority than fsaerodata in the scenery library.

Edited by jabloomf1230

I see. Thank you very much

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

9 hours ago, rudi0310 said:

Ok, I will try to answer some questions

At the moment there is no "direct" way to use Navigraph as for example my FSLabs A320 does. As I and another betatester statet, FSAerodata which is based on Navigraph, can be used. Also AIRAC 1801 can be used for free, I showed one of several solutions in detail in my video "part 2", embedded in this thread by one of the mods (thanks). This video also explains in detail why I personally think this is the best solution for a GA aircraft.

I am not an official of Vertx, but my "forecast" from the video "part 2"is still valid, please add a few days delay caused by the website. Also my statement here at AVSIM "There is no need to look for another christmas toy this year" is still valid. Yes, you need not only an aircraft to sell an aircraft. Website, content for the website, shop, user manual, checklist...

The end of my video "part 3" shows that Vertx might be one of the few (if not the only) publisher that offers dynamic reflections. Sorry, I do not know every Prepar3D aircraft which is available on the market, but others said that here at AVSIM, regarding the DA62. Video part 3 - only 200 views for such a spectacular feature? Unbelievable.

By the way, in my tests, using Prepar3D V4.4, dynamic reflections seem not to look as spectacular, but a little more "real" than when using V4.3 😉  Also see LM V4.4 release notes - fixes and improvements.

PBR? Even major game studios reduce that to metal - "shining"/reflecting, non-metal - not shining/reflecting (learned that here at AVSIM). And it depends on the quality/calibration of the libraries used. I never would say that PBR is the same than what Vertx does. But, the DA62 also reflects, in V4.3 and V4.4. Many do not understand what I say, do not believe it or ignore what I say (including a major news site I contacted). I give it up.

Again, I am not an official at Vertx. But have a lot of experience in projects of all sizes. I`ll try to explain. The problem is not, that you estimate 7 days, and need 8 then. Or 9. (These are ONLY examples, no conclusions to be drawn, please) . Assume, you have a minor milestone to reach, Estimate 1 day. Then a problem occurs. You need 5 days. A weekend is in between. 7 days. One week, "Two days" end in 2 weeks. And, do not believe this is an "exception", this is very complex work, happens very often. Ok, 2 days. What do you say when asked? 50 % margin, 3 days. 100 %, 4 days? I think you understand. Only examples, no conclusions, please.

The advantage for you is, you get an aircraft which is ready to use. Not half ready.

The next what might happen is, that the website goes online again. I am sure you understand why I will not risk a "forecast" at the moment.

Rudi your videos deserve more views in my opinion, an excellent showcase of the product!

Looking forward to the release, whenever it occurs.

• Like 1

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

@rudi0310 - you will get tons of views - don't worry about it.  I gotta say, it would be great if you do more tutorial videos of this bird and what not.  Your presentation & I dig your communication style - superb.

How did you get a chance to beta test this Sean's Birds? how did that story happen!

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 1

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Been reading about this aircraft and seeing Avweb's video about this bird.  Everyone has their type of plane that one wants to get in real life.  As much as I like Cessna 182 - I always felt it wasn't my kind of plane (we all have our types).  When I do get an opportunity to buy my first real aircraft - it is gonna be the DA62.

In the mean time - I can not wait to try this in VR get the virtual feeling of owning the real aircraft.

As soon as the website went live - I was so excited to buy - now I will wait and watch youtube videos.

This addon should be used by Diamond's marketing team to get potential clients by showcasing in VR and then real world flight demos.  If someone did that for me, I would buy the real aircraft lol.

13 hours ago, Skywolf said:

@rudi0310 - you will get tons of views - don't worry about it.  I gotta say, it would be great if you do more tutorial videos of this bird and what not.  Your presentation & I dig your communication style - superb.

How did you get a chance to beta test this Sean's Birds? how did that story happen!

That is simple to answer, Sean asked me many years ago if I can do beta tests for them. It is not only a "chance". It is also a lot of work and a little responsibility when taken serious.

10 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Been reading about this aircraft and seeing Avweb's video about this bird.  Everyone has their type of plane that one wants to get in real life.  As much as I like Cessna 182 - I always felt it wasn't my kind of plane (we all have our types).  When I do get an opportunity to buy my first real aircraft - it is gonna be the DA62.

In the mean time - I can not wait to try this in VR get the virtual feeling of owning the real aircraft.

As soon as the website went live - I was so excited to buy - now I will wait and watch youtube videos.

This addon should be used by Diamond's marketing team to get potential clients by showcasing in VR and then real world flight demos.  If someone did that for me, I would buy the real aircraft lol.

VR? I own "the cheap" solution, Samsung Gear VR to use my smartphone Samsung Galaxy S9+ as a VR headset. Should be OK for a first look only. It seems to be very complicated, might be easier now in P3D V4.4? If someone has expertise or can point me to a link with actual info - better per PN, not to clutter this thread with off topic.

Yes, the website  https://www.vertxsim.com/ is online since about 02:00 utc, wish you a lot of fun with it. As you can read there and many already know, Vertx is one person, Sean Moloney. But no worry, when he announced the DA62 the first time in August, the bird was 95 % ready. It will be available "Early December" as you can read at the website.

• Like 1

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

Announcement and request for comments

After publishing part 1 -- 3 of my pre-release preview videos regarding the Vertx Simulations (Sean Moloney, ex Real Air Simulations) Diamond DA62 I work on part 4. It is mainly dedicated to the Vertx G1000. Main topics are VNAV and approaches. First planned as a "teaser" much shorter than 10 minutes, things got more "worse" than with part 2. Much more worse. Length is about 60 minutes now, but will not grow more. And still covers by far not all possibilities the Vertx G1000 offers regarding VNAV and approaches.

The video covers the following main topics:

- all you need to know for your first VNAV flight. What to do and when to let the G1000 plan (and fly!) the cruise descend and the initial approach descend for you. Demonstrates one example of many possibilities to do this.

- all you need to know for your first autopilot DGPS LPV approach. What to do and when. Unfortunately the instructions from ATC you get too late. So you have to handle VNAV different this time... Demonstrates one example of many possibilities to do this.

- more tips, tricks and demos regarding VNAV and approaches.

- even tasks familiar from standard GPS may work a little different. Simply because in the Vertx it works like the real thing. Some tips and tricks about that.

- changes regarding dynamic reflections in P3D V4.4 and how that compares to PBR imo.

You also will find typical settings (power, speeds etc) for standard situations like cruise descend, final approach etc. And much more.

Most viewers for part 1-3 come from AVSIM, so I ask  you:

60 minutes are long. Do you want divided it into 3 parts or a "all-in-one first steps" video?

I will have to produce the first 50 minutes of the video in one block for some reasons. One of them is to fill the "gaps" with additional comments like in part 2, this is much more important here, to get a key understanding, that is this way still difficult enough. And I would have to produce 2 additional intros and ends if you request 3 parts. You do not get it faster when splitted into 3 parts.

Is it better to have a "all in one first steps" video? I will provide a table of contents in the description, so you will find again what you search for. And also one embedded into the video, at the beginning? At the end?

OK, 60 minutes is long, but you can watch the first third on Saturday, the second on Sunday... In any case, you will have to watch several times to understand all what you see and what I explain regarding this complex topic, as in part 2. There will be a lot to discover....

Your comments are welcome.

BTW, I had difficulties to decide into which thread to post this. Why do we need so much different threads for a product already not published? Why must users search in so much different threads to gather all relevant info? After what they should search for? "Vertex"? "Vertx"? "RealAir"? "Sean Moloney"? "Website is live"? Search for "DA62" also delivers a lot of Carenado threads...

Some of these threads are for sure created by users who know the other threads. Some even open a new thread every time they think it is time for, and some of the important info will end there. What have topics like navdata sources to do with "website is live"? "Website is live"? There already existed a "Vertx news" thread, where that was posted also. I only get email notifications for threads I have subsribed for. Not for new ones... Imo an unnecessary problem. Let me clearly point out here, I have absolutely no problem with @PaulFWatts. Any blames about this topic I will ignore, would only clutter this thread.

Thanks 

Edited by rudi0310
typos

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

1 hour ago, rudi0310 said:

BTW, I had difficulties to decide into which thread to post this. Why do we need so much different threads for a product already not published? Why must users search in so much different threads to gather all relevant info? After what they should search for? "Vertex"? "Vertx"? "RealAir"? "Sean Moloney"? "Website is live"? Search for "DA62" also delivers a lot of Carenado threads...

Some of these threads are for sure created by users who know the other threads. Some even open a new thread every time they think it is time for, and some of the important info will end there. What have topics like navdata sources to do with "website is live"? "Website is live"? There already existed a "Vertx news" thread, where that was posted also. I only get email notifications for threads I have subsribed for. Not for new ones... Imo an unnecessary problem. Let me clearly point out here, I have absolutely no problem with @PaulFWatts. Any blames about this topic I will ignore, would only clutter this thread.

I would suggest Vertx have their own dedicated forum within the Commercial Support Forums.

Edited by BillS511
  • Like 2

I divided in a series of 3 videos now. Part A is available now.

https://youtu.be/-yCN2AGOHJo

The Vertx G1000 calculates and flies the cruise descend and the initial approach descend for you. First of a series of 3 videos dedicated to the Vertx G1000. Next video will show a DGPS LPV approach. Available soon.

Edited by rudi0310
typo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig