Sign in to follow this  
carlito777

REX Sky Force in a networked setup?

11 minutes ago, jlohrenz said:

Reading back I see now you are referring to SF3D, not AS4 and how it runs from the client.  Can't answer that one.

I was just about to say, not sure what this had to do with SF3D.

My question (which hasn't been answered on REX forum yet) was how does the "Cloud sync" part work in real time when the SF3D weather engine is not enabled?  Without a DLL or EXE or something loading in the main FS PC (similar to HiFi's AS_CONNECT) I don't see how this can work?

Since my post, I've uninstalled SF3D on my client PC and installed it on my main FS PC, however, I'm still not seeing any "cloud sync" happening based on weather conditions provided by AS4?

So anyone with this combination of AS4 and SF3D, how are you actually determining it's working correctly?

Cheers, Rob.

Edited by Guest

Ok, found the answer, no point to enable real-time 3D cloud model sync mode when using AS4 weather engine, states clearly that this only works when the weather engine is enabled (i.e. not using AS4).

uc?id=1T3JMF9mNyiVyFLfAheoHSin5XaeDOwc4

Cheers, Rob.

13 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Ok, found the answer, no point to enable real-time 3D cloud model sync mode when using AS4 weather engine, states clearly that this only works when the weather engine is enabled (i.e. not using AS4).

uc?id=1T3JMF9mNyiVyFLfAheoHSin5XaeDOwc4

Cheers, Rob.

If im not mistaken the rex guys claim it still works with AS if you leave SF running in the background. Im with you though, I dont see it doing anything with AS for a weather engine.

I've been trying to get Rex Skyforce 3d to do something on my network laptop. I have been running Active Sky in a network setup for the past few years, without any issues, it JUST WORKS however i cant for the life of me understand why Rex is not doing anything. When Rex Skyforce is running on the network computer i see no difference between having it ON or OFF with Active Sky running.

What is the trick to get it too work? Is Rex using some other port? If so, what port is that? In the Rex config i have it pointing proper Pd3v4.5 directory. But when the sim is running there is no indication that its using any textures from the theme that supposedly installed in the sim. I get no errors and simconnect.log shows a bunch of jibberish that nobody can understand.

Those of you stating that your running, ActiveSky, PFPX, Skyforce on a second pc other than the sim, what other things did you do to your config other than setting up simconnect, opening ports and sharing libraries? Unless there is another port that should be opened here i cant see why there is an issue.

I have the weather engine off, sync on, network on.

Thanks

On 11/19/2018 at 5:30 PM, mac99 said:

I run Active Sky and Sky Force on the same client PC in my network.  I run both simultaneously (Sky Force weather engine disabled). Have no problems. Using P3D v4.

Really? I'd like to see your clouds in your sim with Sky Force ON then turned OFF. Is there any difference?

On 12/19/2018 at 8:43 PM, Guest said:

That’s the part I don’t understand how it could work from network client...there’s no DLL or EXE running on the main FS PC to make that functionality happen.

EXACTLY!!!! At least when you install Active Sky you are given another exe to run on the SIM side in order to install programs that actually communicate with the client. With REX Skyforce there is nothing but an install on the client. Am i supposed to believe that somehow its syncing with ASN? I never see any updates in my profile that shows me when the sync happened for example. Last Time Synced: NOTHING! Also, when i load and unload Rex i see no difference in sky textures or surrounding areas. What is being shown to me is what ASN is pushing out not what Rex is doing. In my opinion those who claim its working are imaging it. Lets see a screenshot of what your sim SKIES LOOK LIKE when you say REX is networking across two PC's and lets see a screenshot of what the SKIES LOOK like when its turned off. I bet there is no difference. LOL!