Sign in to follow this  
foobar

LOC intercept & more

While capturing the LOC, the plane did a slight overshoot, above 1nm, before it turned back on the LOC course. My approach angle was was about 40°. I also noticed that it starts the turn quite late. 

I noticed the plane almost instantly comes to a stop with reverse thrust. Is it really that powerful?

Lastly, any way to turn of the flight director ?

Really enjoying it so far, will be a very nice biz jet for P3D 👍

28 minutes ago, cleptric said:

While capturing the LOC, the plane did a slight overshoot, above 1nm, before it turned back on the LOC course. My approach angle was was about 40°. I also noticed that it starts the turn quite late. 

I noticed the plane almost instantly comes to a stop with reverse thrust. Is it really that powerful?

Lastly, any way to turn of the flight director ?

Really enjoying it so far, will be a very nice biz jet for P3D 👍

Speed and intercept angle determines how well the plane captures the LOC.  The 'capture code' is default sim code (part of FSX or P3D). I don't think there is much that can be done other than to control speed and intercept angle. I think you experience is typical.

Sound like you have in effect setup thrust reverse on all three engines using the F2 key. FSW has set up G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY11 to give the correct thrust reverse for just engine 2. You just need to assign a key or button to that SOFTKEY.

Not sure what you mean by turning off the FD.  The FD should be off as long as you don't have any of the AP modes (buttons) on.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

Hi,

Here is what I noticed during a few ILS captures:

When I am in NAV/LOC mode stable on localiser and altitude, under the glide path.

When the glide path arrive half point above my current altitude , I set the APP mode and then the FA50 start to climb to rich the glide path before to go down following the glide path.

Is it normal? I would believe that he would stay at the current altitude until the glide path cross my altitude...

Another question: is it possible to have NAV1 displayed on the copilote side?

Pascal

si.php?id=1

1 hour ago, Cool said:

Hi,

Here is what I noticed during a few ILS captures:

When I am in NAV/LOC mode stable on localiser and altitude, under the glide path.

When the glide path arrive half point above my current altitude , I set the APP mode and then the FA50 start to climb to rich the glide path before to go down following the glide path.

Is it normal? I would believe that he would stay at the current altitude until the glide path cross my altitude...

Another question: is it possible to have NAV1 displayed on the copilote side?

Pascal

APP should already be on. That is the approach capture. Nav is for VOR's and a VOR approach only. The when the GSI is with parameters it will then nose down.

If you own the GTN's or GNS payware you can set the copilot to nav 1. But also you can just press the XFR button on the autopilot panel and have the autopilot follow nav 2. That's why they did that so each pilot can fly.

47 minutes ago, Flysimware said:

APP should already be on. That is the approach capture. Nav is for VOR's and a VOR approach only. The when the GSI is with parameters it will then nose down.

If you own the GTN's or GNS payware you can set the copilot to nav 1. But also you can just press the XFR button on the autopilot panel and have the autopilot follow nav 2. That's why they did that so each pilot can fly.

I understand that without a GTN or GNS payware, we can not have NAV1 on copilot side

Pascal

si.php?id=1

If you use the 2d from our GNS 530 and fly from the copilot just leave the XFR off and you can fly using NAV1 from the copilot seat. I assume your issue is because the GNS only sits on the pilot side in the 3D model.

Edited by Flysimware

41 minutes ago, Flysimware said:

If you use the 2d from our GNS 530 and fly from the copilot just leave the XFR off and you can fly using NAV1 from the copilot seat. I assume your issue is because the GNS only sits on the pilot side in the 3D model.

Thank you for your reply 😃

I will try it tonight

Pascal

si.php?id=1

The statement above that " Nav is for VOR's and a VOR approach only." is misleading. The AP Nav mode may also be used for LOC approaches and GPS approaches when there is no vertical guidance. And of course, the Nav mode is used for tracking VOR radials and GPS courses enroute.

Al