Sign in to follow this  
Rimshot

Realair Lancair Legacy

For the panel guru's lurking around here, can you please help me? I installed the Realair Legacy yesterday (P3D v4), using the installer I freshly downloaded from the Realair site. I installed the aircraft in the default P3D v4 addon folder. Upon entering the config app I saw it offered me the opportunity to configure the panel with only the f1 GTN units (which struck me as odd, because I remember the only configurable GPS units were those you have actually installed and I do not have the f1 GTN on my system, only the RXP GTN). When configuring the panel I could easily swap the f1 GTN with the RXP GTN, so no problem here.

However I have completely forgotten how to get the RXP GNS units to work in the Legacy panel. I had saved some panel.cfg files for a 530, 430 and combo setup and I am pretty sure I had these working in a previous install (with an older installer) but when I create a separate panel folder for let's say a single 530 and alias it to a paint in the aircraft.cfg the unit doesn't show up (in fact the whole radio stack is missing...). I seem to remember you could trick the Legacy config app by adding 'GPS1=530' in the config.ini file. Although the app then gives the option to add a RXP 530 to the panel after saving it appears I get a GTN750 bezel with the 530 inside... 😮

So, is it possible to install the RXP GNS units in the Lancair legacy panel? If so, it would make my day 😊

Edited by RXP

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

I only have one Realair plane, the Turbine Duke v2.  I reviewed my panel.cfg setup for that model to see if anything peculiar was there.  I came up with this.  This is from the [VCockpit01] entries and as you can see from my paste-in below the warning falls well into that section, and in between two gauges, just before gauges they point out are affected by their CONFIG routine. 

Could it be a clue? I am pretty sure I totally hand-edited my TDv2 panel.cfg file.

-----------------------
gauge18=RASDuke!Master_Warn, 893, 1, 130, 129

// ===============================================================================
// IMPORTANT - 'gauge19'. 'gauge20, 'gauge21', and 'gauge22' BELOW CAN BE OVERWRITTEN
// BY THE CONFIG PANEL. PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND WHEN MANUALLY EDITING THIS FILE
// IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE THE GPS ENTRIES AND DON'T WANT THEM OVERWRITTEN IN ANY
// CIRCUMSTANCE THEN CHANGE THE GAUGE NUMBERS. EG - CHANGE 'gauge 19' TO 'gauge22'
// ===============================================================================

gauge19=rxpGTN!GTN_750_1,  2,563,390,460, POP_NO_BEZEL
--------------------------

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thanks Frank, I'm aware of that. The point I'm trying to make is that with the latest installer of the Legacy for P3D v4 (which was created and made available by Sean of Realair after the closure of their company).the config tool only let's you select f1 GTN units, meaning you can only adapt the VC model to fit the bezels of GTN gauges. With older installers I was able to add (old) RXP GNS units to the panel, so in other words the VC model had GNS bezels as well. That way I could also use the RXP v2 GNS units in the Legacy, but with the latest installer I can't get it working like I had before...

Edited by RXP

Cheers, Bert

Hi Bert, just make a local copy (in your GAUGE folder) of rxpGNS2.dll (.gau) to rxpGNS.gau and any tool searching for the legacy will find this one instead, and thanks to our unique Gauge Name alias technology, you won't event have to change the gauge names in the panel.cfg file!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

For what it is worth, I have never seen a GNS gauge in the Legacy, only the GTN.  :unsure:

Bert

9 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I have never seen a GNS gauge in the Legacy, only the GTN.  :unsure:

In version 1 of the Legacy you could configure a panel with Reality XP GNS. See the screenshot in this old blog

You can also get v2 of the Legacy to work with Reality XP by fooling its config app by adding a GNS530 or 430 in the config.ini. If you open the Legacy config tool after that you can arrange your panel with RXP GNS. Unfortunately I have never been able to configure a stack with a double GNS layout this way.

Edited by Rimshot

Cheers, Bert

10 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi Bert, just make a local copy (in your GAUGE folder) of rxpGNS2.dll (.gau) to rxpGNS.gau and any tool searching for the legacy will find this one instead, and thanks to our unique Gauge Name alias technology, you won't event have to change the gauge names in the panel.cfg file!

Thanks for that tip Jean-Luc. It doesn't make a difference however. Using the latest P3D v4 compatible installer of the Lancair Legacy its config tool still only finds a f1 GTN, which isn't even installed on my system... I'll uninstall the Lancair and try again with an older installer, compatible with P3D up until v3.

Edited by RXP

Cheers, Bert

On 11/21/2018 at 4:55 AM, Rimshot said:

Thanks for that tip Jean-Luc. It doesn't make a difference however. Using the latest P3D v4 compatible installer of the Lancair Legacy its config tool still only finds a f1 GTN, which isn't even installed on my system... I'll uninstall the Lancair and try again with an older installer, compatible with P3D up until v3.

Just want to make sure you know that it won't find a RXP GTN 750 right?  The plane was made before RXP's version came out.  Have you figured this out?  I have dual RXP GTN 750's running my Legacy in P3D v4.  It takes a bit of modding though.

Oh wait... you're trying to install the dual GNS setup?  Maybe Bert Pieke could help with that.  I don't have my Pc to tinker with at the moment.

Edited by ryanbatcund
  • Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

8 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Oh wait... you're trying to install the dual GNS setup?  Maybe Bert Pieke could help with that.  I don't have my Pc to tinker with at the moment.

Hey Ryan, I managed to get the RXP v2 GNS 530 and 430 to work in the Legacy,as single units, but it seems impossible to do make a double setup indeed. Nevertheless I'm happy with my panels now 😊

Cheers, Bert

On 12/28/2018 at 4:55 AM, Rimshot said:

Hey Ryan, I managed to get the RXP v2 GNS 530 and 430 to work in the Legacy,as single units, but it seems impossible to do make a double setup indeed. Nevertheless I'm happy with my panels now 😊

Were you able to get the Reality XP GNS 530 and 430 in the v2 of the Legacy?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

8 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Were you able to get the Reality XP GNS 530 and 430 in the v2 of the Legacy?

Yes Ryan, I have the GNS units working in the Legacy; no dual setups though, only single 400, 430, 500 or 530.

• Like 1

Cheers, Bert

5 hours ago, Rimshot said:

Yes Ryan, I have the GNS units working in the Legacy; no dual setups though, only single 400, 430, 500 or 530.

And this is the v2 of the Legacy right?

Do you have instructions on how to do it?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

And this is the v2 of the Legacy right?Do you have instructions on how to do it?

Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send you the files.

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Bert

Hello everyone,

I've the same issue getting the RXP GNS430 V2 working in the RealAir Lancair Legacy V2. I tried to ingetrate it by hand, but that led to the whole avionics stack to move somewhat into the panel. Anyone an idea on what would to the trick? - If anyone has a working setup, I'd be interested to know how you did it.

Many thanks,

Frank 

???? This is FSX SE.  Can files created with FSX be ferried over to P3D?

image.png.a3106c7bc3e100ad86aeff240e1de254.png

image.png.1797b371810742f01503d5ef1dade419.png

image.png

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere