Sign in to follow this  
hmwind

Planes off track

Hi Nico,

Thank you very much for a very nice addition to Prepar3D. Great piece of work!
Given the fact that you posted a picture of Schiphol I assume that you use NL2000 scenery yourself. Is that correct?
It occurred to me that quite a number of planes don't land on the center of the runway and from time to time even in the grass around the runway. I am living very close to Schiphol and have my own ADS-B receiver. If I compare the planes that land off-track in P3D  with my own ADS-B I don't see a deviation in my own ADS-B feed so I assume  that RealTraffic should receive correct ADS-B data as well.
Are you able to explain this behaviour which I did not see in other demo's of you app on YouTube.
Regards

Hans
P.S. The link to your FAQ in this forum seems incorrect

44 minutes ago, hmwind said:

Thank you very much for a very nice addition to Prepar3D. Great piece of work!
Given the fact that you posted a picture of Schiphol I assume that you use NL2000 scenery yourself. Is that correct?
It occurred to me that quite a number of planes don't land on the center of the runway and from time to time even in the grass around the runway. I am living very close to Schiphol and have my own ADS-B receiver. If I compare the planes that land off-track in P3D  with my own ADS-B I don't see a deviation in my own ADS-B feed so I assume  that RealTraffic should receive correct ADS-B data as well.
Are you able to explain this behaviour which I did not see in other demo's of you app on YouTube.

Hi Hans,

No I don't use NL2000, but Fly Tampa EHAM. The FlyTampa runways are correctly aligned, although even with correctly aligned runways it can still happen that some aircraft land in the grass due to wrong ADS-B data.

Most of the modern airliners (B738+, A320+) do a good job.

In the past I had Aerosoft EHAM, their runways were also misaligned.  Have not tried NL2000.

I will correct the link, thx.

Nico

Wow! What a difference with Fly Tampa EHAM in combination with PSseeconTraffic. That looks terrific and works much better!
Thank you for your patience answering questions like this, Nico.

Hans