Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Fried My System:-(((

14 minutes ago, martin-w said:

I'm a fan of evga PSU's these days. 

I like most of their stuff. I like them as a company too. At least I used to. Haven't used them for a while.  I've just picked up another Saying that, I've just bought my next door neighbours Corsair 850 modular;-)

What mobo you running now?

Edited by Dougal

OK guys 'n' gals, spec me a decent mobo I can put my 7700k into?  I'd like to keep the CPU as it's a great overclocker. I'll either sell myself on a street corner, rob a bank or speak EVER SO nicely to my bank manager;-)  Doesn't look like I can future proof myself with a Z370 so it'll have to be Z270 (I think).

Get your skates on, I want to order for tmrw;-))))

Got to be 'on par' with my Asus Z170 for overclocking.  I used to swear by Asus, but the last 2 or 3 boards don't seem to have the same old build quality

Edited by Dougal

49 minutes ago, martin-w said:

I'm a fan of evga PSU's these days. 

I like their GPUs a great deal. Had a GTX970 running impeccably last 3 years and just acquired another one till 1080Ti prices drop. Never had occasion to try their PSUs, but if their GPUs are anything to go by, they are good to go.

46 minutes ago, Dougal said:

I like most of their stuff. I like them as a company too. At least I used to. Haven't used them for a while.  I've just picked up another Saying that, I've just bought my next door neighbours Corsair 850 modular;-)

What mobo you running now?

Im on an 8700k and Maximus X Code. So Z370.

Everything i like the look of, I find to be 'End of Life' or discontinued. I guess thats with it being 270.

Much as i like to whinge and complain, I shouldn't really, as this has hardly ever happened to me.  I almost always sell my old systems when upgrade, so i guess it had to happen some time.

37 minutes ago, Dougal said:

Everything i like the look of, I find to be 'End of Life' or discontinued. I guess thats with it being 270.

There's plenty on Amazon Phil.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-1151-MAXIMUS-Intel-Motherboard/dp/B01NCON196/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1542729269&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=asus+z270&dpPl=1&dpID=514Q3c2RuqL&ref=plSrch

I've always been afraid to use Amazon for computer stuff, after getting stung. It was many years ago though.  I obviously need to reevaluate.  Scan, Aira ans Overclockers have been my regular supplies.  Thanks Martin, off to have a looksee on Amazon;-)

OMG fancy me missing all those. Bl00dy hell thanks again Martin. I'd never have gone there.

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

8 minutes ago, Dougal said:

Amazon

Or eBay? I have bought 2 Asus mobos discontinued, from there, and been no probs at all. Caveat: reputable vendor

16 minutes ago, Dougal said:

OMG fancy me missing all those. Bl00dy hell thanks again Martin. I'd never have gone there.

I buy loads of comp stuff on Amazon Phil. Free next day delivery with Prime and a dead easy returns policy. RMA numbers granted automatically and almost instantly. 

Plenty of water cooling stuff from the big names that might interest you too.

Edited by martin-w