Sign in to follow this  
VFRHawk

Showing VOR to VOR flight plan in cockpit?

Hi,

Possibly a silly question, but is there an easy way to see a VOR to VOR flight plan in cockpit in P3d V4?  I plan my flights in PlanG and currently write the freqs and radials out on a notepad...

Don't need a GPS type display, just a list of waypoints with pertinent info.

Graham

Ctrl-F10 will bring up a  kneeboard with NAV info as long as P3D is "aware" of the flight plan.

1 hour ago, VFRHawk said:

Hi,

Possibly a silly question, but is there an easy way to see a VOR to VOR flight plan in cockpit in P3d V4?  I plan my flights in PlanG and currently write the freqs and radials out on a notepad...

Don't need a GPS type display, just a list of waypoints with pertinent info.

Graham

Kneeboard but I do exactly what you do when flying a classic. Right on a piece of paper frequencies for VOR or ADF, radials and distance.

Works like a charm when flying something like the Sky Sim DC-9. The best moving map is your head in those situations.

It would be neat if there was a pop up on screen within the sim like an in sim notepad so you dont have to keep looking down at your note every so often.

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

I tend to do a lot of night flying (I work nights so I'm usually awake at night) so I have to keep a torch handy to read the piece of paper!  The kneeboard solves most of those issues for me, so definitely using that from now on.

Though I must admit a free type area in the kneeboard would be nice for the bits that are missing - ADF freqs comes to mind.

Graham