Sign in to follow this  
OldFlyboy

I Still Need Help- Here Is How I Do a Preset:

First let me assure you all that I have read the manual at least five times.  It seems to just stop after describing functions, which I understand.

Creating presets is also quite clear and simple to perform.  What I need is a clear set of instructions for making the views work in sequence both interior and exterior.

Each time I finally get both sets assigned  and try to set buttons the views may work sequentially inside but not outside.

For a time I had NAMED assignments working  but somehow that stopped working as well.

Three YouTube videos have been viewed also and I still cannot get the "Formula" that will make NAMED assignments so that they will not get lost.

Chase plane worked Perfectly for me for months since I bought it until this past week. H

Please help. Chase Plane has spoiled me and I am too old to go back to ezdok.

Neal H.

Edited by OldFlyboy

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

INTERIOR

Pilot   Button 1

view 1   Button 7

view 2   Button 7

view 3     Button 7

All views  except pilot use Button 7 

EXTERIOR

Follow   Button 8

Next      Button 7

All          Button 7

Same pattern for each plane

All planes use the same name description  INTERIOR view 1 is PILOT for all planes, View 2 is THROTTLE  CONSOLE, etc

EXTERIOR:   FOLLOW is always view 1 for all planes, view 2 is RIGHT WING, etc

Now How do I get these set as NAMED assignments? Whenever I try itl  Buttons 1,7, 8 no longer work in sequence.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

We found an issue with the way joystick controllers are detected in CP. I just pushed an update, let me know if it solves it for you.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Sorry, but I must not have been clear in my posts. My control system works properly. The problem is/was that the manual stops short of actually explaining how to set up control SEQUENCES in both Interior and Exterior list.

For example: I set interior view #1 with B1 to select. All other buttons in Interior use B7. 

Exterior view #1 uses B8 and I thought it was okay to use B7 for the other views in exterior but they always send to an Interior view.

My solution is to just use B8 (named) to cycle through exterior views or use a fourth button to cycle exterior views.   Cannot the same result be obtained using three buttons.

Btw...I finally was able to "get" the NAMED Assignments settings.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

You can do the following to ensure a good sequence. Create a Named Assignment with the following code:

/.*/ 

This will create a named assignment that cover every view you have, allowing you to cycle all of them.

Then, you can create a second named assignment to select the first camera of each camera mode if they are named the same. You could also assign them manually if that's the way you want to do it.

Something important to understand about assignment sequences is that most people will expect to see the same preset when they enter the sequence. That's why you are observing that behavior.

Let me know if that works out for you!

Edit: You can also use the "Outside Camera" and "On-Board Camera" control assignments

Edited by Keven Menard

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 1:56 AM, Keven Menard said:

You can do the following to ensure a good sequence. Create a Named Assignment with the following code:

/.*/ 

This will create a named assignment that cover every view you have, allowing you to cycle all of them.

Then, you can create a second named assignment to select the first camera of each camera mode if they are named the same. You could also assign them manually if that's the way you want to do it.

Something important to understand about assignment sequences is that most people will expect to see the same preset when they enter the sequence. That's why you are observing that behavior.

Let me know if that works out for you!

Edit: You can also use the "Outside Camera" and "On-Board Camera" control assignments

Sorry, I didn't know I had to be a computer expert when I bought ChasePlane. Have owned it for 4-5 days, spent hours on it & never had it working.  Where do you put the /.*/  ??

Cheers.