Sign in to follow this  
Bob Marton

PMDG aircraft and default P3D ATC

While waiting to put the funds together to purchase an ATC add on, I have been using the dreaded default ATC.

My question is this:

When ATC issues a traffic advisory for other traffic about my PMDG 777-200 aircraft the message refers to my aircraft as "Boeing". Is there a way to change something in aircraft.cfg or elsewhere so that ATC refers to mine as 777?

I appreciate any insight (and a free ATC add-on gift for the holiday)

Rob

4 hours ago, Bob Marton said:

While waiting to put the funds together to purchase an ATC add on, I have been using the dreaded default ATC.

My question is this:

When ATC issues a traffic advisory for other traffic about my PMDG 777-200 aircraft the message refers to my aircraft as "Boeing". Is there a way to change something in aircraft.cfg or elsewhere so that ATC refers to mine as 777?

I appreciate any insight (and a free ATC add-on gift for the holiday)

Rob

you can sign up for vatsim or ivao which provide online atc.

Editvoicepack will do that. But it‘s become payware too with P3D. For FSX it might still be freeware, but I‘m not sure. 

Tried changing the Boeing to 777 in A/C config,didn't work.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

51 minutes ago, BIGSKY said:

Tried changing the Boeing to 777 in A/C config,didn't work.

You shouldn’t edit the aircraft config as that might mess things up.

You'll have to edit this line in your config:

atc_model=B77L

into:

atc_model=B772

The reason is simple, default ATC has no idea what that ICAO code is same as with the 7W.

A perfect example for lack of decency of the default ATC btw.

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

Under the section in the aircraft.cfg

[General]

atc_type=BOEING

atc_model=B772

This works for me.

Regards Matt Williams

Matt Williams

Thank you everyone, I will try that.

I have been using EditVoicepack for years, that did not cure my problem.

I will try the B772 change.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving

On 11/21/2018 at 12:49 AM, Bob Marton said:

I have been using EditVoicepack for years, that did not cure my problem

I should have said „editvoicepack CAN do that“ out of the box it won‘t do it itself, true... but you can tell it to call „B77L“ as „777“. However, changing the UI and ATC part in the aircraft.cfg won‘t harm anyone.