Sign in to follow this  
MDFlier

What is causing these "cutouts" in my jetways?

This is a VC view looking out of a PMDG 737-800 towards the jetway. There is something that moves with the camera that causes a section of the exterior of the jetway to become transparent.  The cutout section moves as well as changes shape as the camera is panned. In the 3rd pic, you can see that the cutout looks like it is V shaped. I personally do not care, but I built this PC for my girlfriend's son, and he will be taking this system with him when he leaves in the spring. It apparently bothers him quite a bit, and I'm getting weary of hearing about it. I searched this forum as well as the internet in general, and haven't found any mention of it.

I'm not sure if this is related to the PMDG or not. P3Dv4 doesn't have any other tubeliners in it that I can test at the jetway. Can I import the FSX 737 just to test this?

The pics were captured at LatinVFR's BWI Gate B8 if anyone would like to try it to see if it happens to them.  These are non-GSX SODE jetways. It happens with the GSX SODE jetways, and the default jetways as well.

I know that this is probably a PMDG question, but my employer's rules conflict with PMDG's rules so I cannot post over there. Therefore, I respectfully ask the mods not to relocate this post there. Thank you.

1841A739A8FDCA2AB961FDEEB1E84DB812C1B51E    

D454187E59E8BA88EFB9995677675D37DFDCFEFF

FBDDE2D623046E0B9C46E37C56359C4AFB43A354

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Clipping error. You have to set the ClipMode=Minimum in your camera.cfg

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

It has nothing to do with the specific aircraft, its a phenomenon in flightsim or any 3d rendering application (FSX, P3D, 1st person shooter, doesn't matter) called view or camera clipping.

Do a google search on "view clipping p3d camera" and you'll get some good hits that will explain in detail and offer suggestions to remedy (although depending on a few factors, you may not be able to get rid of all clipping).

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Thank you, gentlemen. Adding the clipmode=minimum entry to the VC section of camera.cfg did the trick. He's smiling, Although now he can't see through the jetway he noted that the jetway hood is not visible. Fortunately, he says he can live with that.

Not using the words "clip" or "clipping" is why my searches failed. I was trying "cutout", "cut off", and "missing". Thanks again. Grrr...

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

4 hours ago, MDFlier said:

Not using the words "clip" or "clipping" is why my searches failed. I was trying "cutout", "cut off", and "missing". Thanks again. Grrr...

Glad the clipmode=minimum worked for you. 

I know what you mean when it comes to frustrating searches...sometimes you KNOW what you are looking for, but its that one obscure word that keeps you from finding the info you need.  

The cool thing is that now that little tidbit of info is stored away in your memory and even years from now when you see another simmer looking for that answer....you'll be able to say "I KNOW this...what was that ONE word again?", Hehe.

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

On 11/20/2018 at 7:10 PM, Steve Dra said:

Glad the clipmode=minimum worked for you. 

I know what you mean when it comes to frustrating searches...sometimes you KNOW what you are looking for, but its that one obscure word that keeps you from finding the info you need.  

The cool thing is that now that little tidbit of info is stored away in your memory and even years from now when you see another simmer looking for that answer....you'll be able to say "I KNOW this...what was that ONE word again?", Hehe.

Hee hee, the only thing is though, the older you get, the more likely that 'one word' will turn into several 😄

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776