Sign in to follow this  
NorthwestOrient

Horrible FPS in both VC and external view

Hi all,

I've been experiencing horrible FPS in both the inside and outside views in the QOTSII.  After all of the systems initialize, my FPS goes through the floor, averaging about 2-6 FPS.  All other PMDG aircraft I have do not experience any of these problems, and I'm consistently running around 40-45 FPS in the 737 and 777.  Does anyone know what may be causing this lag?  I am using FSX:SE.

Thanks

I would laugh my a off if there was any coincidence... I had massive performance issues with only the 747 too right a few days ago and got rid of them when I disabled my intel graphic chipset in the device manager (again). The latest win update reactivated it. You could check this too. You normally should find that chipset right above or below your graphic card. You won‘t break anything and can easily enable it if something goes strange.

1 hour ago, Ephedrin said:

I would laugh my a off if there was any coincidence... I had massive performance issues with only the 747 too right a few days ago and got rid of them when I disabled my intel graphic chipset in the device manager (again). The latest win update reactivated it. You could check this too. You normally should find that chipset right above or below your graphic card. You won‘t break anything and can easily enable it if something goes strange.

Hmmm.. I don't seem to have that option.  I only have one for my graphics card even though I have an Intel processor.

It's probably disabled in the BIOS then.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I am running an older i5-2500k, EVGA 970 GTX, 8Gb RAM, on a bog standard HP office monitor, and no issues with smooth flights with the PMDG 747-400 v3.

Are you running FSX SE in full screen mode also check in Nvidia control panel if you have fsx se running in high performance which would mean your running the sim on your video card and not of your cpu graphics.

Regards.

Edited by Zdenek

Zdenek  Cebis

On 11/20/2018 at 3:39 PM, vc10man said:

I am running an older i5-2500k, EVGA 970 GTX, 8Gb RAM, on a bog standard HP office monitor, and no issues with smooth flights with the PMDG 747-400 v3.

I'm using an i5-8400 with a 1060.  8GB of RAM.  My FSX has been running amazing with every other plane.  It's just the 747 causing this problem.... 😕

14 hours ago, Zdenek said:

Are you running FSX SE in full screen mode also check in Nvidia control panel if you have fsx se running in high performance which would mean your running the sim on your video card and not of your cpu graphics.

Regards.

I'm running it in Windowed mode.  I selected my GPU to be used in the sim as that was the only option.

unknown.png

9 hours ago, NorthwestOrient said:

I'm using an i5-8400 with a 1060.  8GB of RAM.  My FSX has been running amazing with every other plane.  It's just the 747 causing this problem.... 😕

I'm running it in Windowed mode.  I selected my GPU to be used in the sim as that was the only option.

unknown.png

I mean did you select in your Nvidia control panel in the settings as your main high performance video card not in the sim.Also running in windowed mode is not as good as running the sim in windowed as the find out during my trials because in full screen I was always running in my video card and not of the cpu.

See this guide.

http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_1.html

Edited by Zdenek

Zdenek  Cebis