Sign in to follow this  
dpergau

FlightBeam on sale - 30% off US airports

1 hour ago, Mir // Flightbeam said:

I've never heard of this issue before with KIAD. Try uninstalling KIAD, then check to see if the problem persists. After uninstalling, be sure there are no other addons at KIAD. For further assistance be sure to head over to our support forum or email us. 
It always amazes me how many users give up on issues they're having without even contacting us. 95% of problems encountered are not even caused by the scenery, but rather a conflicting addon from another developer. 

Hi Folks,

Now that's impressive - a support team that makes house calls - nice !

Kudos sir...

Regards,

Scott

• Like 2

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

1 hour ago, Mir // Flightbeam said:

I've never heard of this issue before with KIAD. Try uninstalling KIAD, then check to see if the problem persists. After uninstalling, be sure there are no other addons at KIAD. For further assistance be sure to head over to our support forum or email us. 
It always amazes me how many users give up on issues they're having without even contacting us. 95% of problems encountered are not even caused by the scenery, but rather a conflicting addon from another developer. 

Wow Mir, I had to no idea you were here on Avsim.  Yay.  

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

2 hours ago, Mir // Flightbeam said:

Your airports(of which I only have 3) have caused me no end of grief today.

Been flying for the last 4-7 weeks, every single day, on long or medium, or short-haul flights, using complex aircraft add-ons such as FSL's A318-320, PMDG range of aircraft, with a plethora of Orbx airports and sceneries, regions; with UK2000, FSDT's, FlyTampa's, Aerosoft simWimgs, Thai Creations, Taxi2Gate, LatinVFR airports; with AS16, PFPX, GSX, AivlaSoft, FSUPIC, MT6a add-ons, and none of them have caused my P3Dv4 one single issue.............that is until today, when I decided I'd give the PMDG 777F a try from your KIAD to KPHX.

But after numerous attempts despite following a tip here, once I had selected KIAD, or KPHX, P3Dv4 got stuck at 90% and CTD.

Back to a working fix to get P3D to work again, without a CTD, etc, except this time, I completely uninstalled your airports.

And they will stay uninstalled !

Edited by vc10man

2 hours ago, officercrockey said:

Go on simmarket and check he Flightbeam products... no EDDN ... but you will find it under 29 Palms... published by Aerosoft. That hardly counts as a Flightbeam product. If you go in the supermarket and buy a Coca Cola it is not automatically a Walmart's (or whatever) product. They just sell it. Same with EDDN and Flightbeam.

Why should i go to some some other website? Coca Cola is bad example. Its branded the same way wherever u buy it, its FMCG. 

With unbranded soft published on software producer website its their product. Be sure. This is how cosumers can or should consider it.

You probably didnt understand the comment i made to initiall statement. If one said that the EDDN is not on sale as it is not developed by FB... But its not the case.

Lets just leave it now as it is as it may start looking like someone has a problem with FB not discounting EDDN which was not a point at all.

I just added KMSP and KDEN to my collection (already had KIAD). Thanks for the great deals, Mir! You do wonderful work.

And for the record, both airports installed problem free, just like KIAD did last month.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

33 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

Mir! You do wonderful work.

Absolutely! 👍

• Like 1

Flightbeam airports are without a doubt my favorites, and worth every penny. Highly recommended.

• Like 2

- Aaron

On 11/21/2018 at 10:45 AM, vc10man said:

Your airports(of which I only have 3) have caused me no end of grief today.

Sorry to hear about your trouble, but like I said, I've never heard anybody else have this issue before with KIAD. If there was indeed a bug with the product we'd be getting a mountain of emails. And since you haven't emailed our support to we can troubleshoot the issue I'm unable to help you with the problem. 

On 11/21/2018 at 11:41 AM, KrisJ said:

Why should i go to some some other website? Coca Cola is bad example. Its branded the same way wherever u buy it, its FMCG. 

With unbranded soft published on software producer website its their product. Be sure. This is how cosumers can or should consider it.

You probably didnt understand the comment i made to initiall statement. If one said that the EDDN is not on sale as it is not developed by FB... But its not the case.

Lets just leave it now as it is as it may start looking like someone has a problem with FB not discounting EDDN which was not a point at all.

About the EDDN debate 😉 Flightbeam is the publisher of that product, not the developer. So I don't decide if it gets a discount or not. That is purely based on the developer's decision to put it on sale or not. Hope that helps clear it up. 

And thanks everyone for the supportive comments! I'm glad to hear about your positive experience. I do lurk around AVSIM quite a bit as I'm a simmer myself. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Mir // Flightbeam said:

Sorry to hear about your trouble, but like I said, I've never heard anybody else have this issue before with KIAD. If there was indeed a bug with the product we'd be getting a mountain of emails. And since you haven't emailed our support to we can troubleshoot the issue I'm unable to help you with the problem. 

As a rule, I am loathe to badger over-loaded, over-stressed,---on the +ve side, -----or 'we-couldn't-care-less-we-have-your-money-now-so-we-may-reply-to-your-issue-next-century',--- on the -ve side, ---developers, without first trying to resolve whatever, by myself.

And that is precisely what I did. After your particular KIAD and KPHX caused P3Dv4 to go into meltdown, I followed Poppet's Guide and deleted every airport add-on I had and have spent the whole day today, re-installing, one by one, and at each stage noting how long the sim took to load, how long I actually got to a Gate/Stand, before moving on to the next airport add-on.

And, suffice to say, it paid off, because I at last managed a flight from your KPHX-KIAD, in a PMDG freighter.

Nevertheless, I give due credit where credit is due. Good to note the support is there.

I am waiting for the FlightBeam airports I already purchased to go from Solved to actually fixed / updated before buying more airports.

Some problems are going on one year without a fix.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

On 11/22/2018 at 3:29 PM, Mir // Flightbeam said:

About the EDDN debate 😉 Flightbeam is the publisher of that product, not the developer. So I don't decide if it gets a discount or not. That is purely based on the developer's decision to put it on sale or not. Hope that helps clear it up. 

And thanks everyone for the supportive comments! I'm glad to hear about your positive experience. I do lurk around AVSIM quite a bit as I'm a simmer myself. 

I'm absolutely shocked about what I'm reading about some issues that some users are having. I have everything in the catalogue and have not had any issues with the latest installers and config tool.

Anyway, Mir can you please send me a link to download your FVP pack? I asked for a link over a week on your forums and still have no download.

Thanks.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

All excellent products... never had an issue with any of them!  I pesonally think EDDN is a little gem.

Herman

PC Intel i9-9900KF | Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING motherboard | Corsair 64GB DDR4-3200 RAM | 1+2TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD's | 3x 6TB Seagate 7200rpm harddisks | Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme RTX2080 Ti 11GB video card | Trustmaster T.1600M Hotas + CH Pedals | P3Dv4.5HF3 😃

Yep excellent work, I have KPDX, KIAD and KSFO, all work great and all look good.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

12 hours ago, vonmar said:

I am waiting for the FlightBeam airports I already purchased to go from Solved to actually fixed / updated before buying more airports.

Some problems are going on one year without a fix.

What problems are those?

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.