Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Deleted thread.....

Ok, so I had a thread here about some new, very glitzy Gold and Silver ram sticks....

And now the thread is gone.

I'm not even sure who to ask why, since no explanation is/was given, and I don't even know which mod to contact.

At first, I just wanted to sigh and walk away, but I would really love to know why. The only thing I can conceivably think of is because the first stick of ram shown was gold, I mentioned that even Trump (who likes gold things) would like it in his machine.

That can't possibly be a reason for deleting a thread, can it? 🤨

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

18 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Ok, so I had a thread here about some new, very glitzy Gold and Silver ram sticks....

And now the thread is gone.

I'm not even sure who to ask why, since no explanation is/was given, and I don't even know which mod to contact.

At first, I just wanted to sigh and walk away, but I would really love to know why. The only thing I can conceivably think of is because the first stick of ram shown was gold, I mentioned that even Trump (who likes gold things) would like it in his machine.

That can't possibly be a reason for deleting a thread, can it? 🤨

Hard to tell really. There is some guy I think his name is Jim. I believe he runs things since we lost Tom. I would just PM and ask him. That name may have been added to the list of words we can't say.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Please refrain from making political statements in any of the forums.  That is why your thread/topic was deleted.

P.S. Not by me only because I did not see it as soon as another Mod did.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

18 minutes ago, FunknNasty said:

I was in total awe of the cubic zirconia incrusted ram modules.

I have it on good authority that they are going to add 10-20 FPS to P3D and for x-plain it will be more like double the FPS.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/

15 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Please refrain from making political statements in any of the forums.  That is why your thread/topic was deleted.

P.S. Not by me only because I did not see it as soon as another Mod did.

Political comment? Where! Mr Trump has been shown to like gold fixtures. It's a known thing in the public domain and something he's very proud of.  The ram was very shiny gold and very fancy, so I said it's something he would like. That's political? Seriously?

Would it be political if I posted a video of him touring his private plane with all the gold fixtures? How..... I don't even know how to react.

I know I could get banned, but that's just silly. 

• Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

5 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

I don't even know how to react.  

I would not go there. To resist is futile. Not worth it.

• Like 1

Sam

8 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

I would not go there. To resist is futile. Not worth it.

I know..... It's just so frustrating. I feel like I have to tiptoe posting here nowadays. It's the only sim forum where I double and triple question myself before posting anything, and then you still get deleted. 😕

I posted this same thread in two other forums with not the slightest issue.

Bleah

• Like 1

Devons rig

Yep

Sam

In my post I should have used the term controversial instead of political.  Even though you did not mean to, this is considered trolling/inciting.  You used a term or word that may make others respond negatively.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

but that's just silly.

Where have I heard that before?  Some other member in the community use to say that was silly all of the time.  I have to admit your comments did not appear to be "silly" or political.  The name "Trump" just angers some and some, who have no issues with him, have only nice comments to say.  In any case, it triggers a conversation that could rapidly go South.  I know when President Obama was in charge, if anyone said "Obama" in a conversation, certain factions in the community would have a stroke and immediately tell others we can't talk about him or what he's doing to the United States.  "Let's don't talk about Obama.  I don't think it is appropriate in these forums".  But we didn't say anything about what he's doing to the United States.  It was automatically inferred in many Liberal and Democratic minds a discussion is about to take place about what he did wrong (if he ever did anything wrong) and they wanted to make sure he was protected.  It was a keyword that immediately offended or gave one the opportunity to say nice things depending on a person's political beliefs.  If I said the name "Jesus" or "God" in a sentence here in these forums, that would create massive good or bad thoughts too depending on religious beliefs. 

So I do agree with Charlie, our moderator, who considers anything political or religious as trolling/inciting our membership to continue the conversation, good or bad.  There are plenty of places on the Internet where one can discuss politics and religion and world affairs.  I do know that politics and religion is discussed in aircraft hangers around the world but even there, they try to control it as their supervisor might not like the discussions. 

I am getting ready for Thanksgiving Day on Thursday where many families get together and give thanks.  There will be a large crowd.   I am very political and have already been advised not to discuss politics by higher ups.  Hope you have a nice Thanksgiving Day too Devon!

Best regards,

Jim

• Like 2

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

Hope you have a nice Thanksgiving Day too Devon!

Thank you, You as well.

• Like 2

Devons rig

Surely one could wait to see if the conversation went ‘south’ before hiding the threading the possibility that it ‘might’? Sometimes we can be trusted to have mature discussions. And not all of us are from the USA or care about its politics. 

• Like 3

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

3 hours ago, KL Oo said:

Surely one could wait to see if the conversation went ‘south’ before hiding the threading the possibility that it ‘might’? Sometimes we can be trusted to have mature discussions. And not all of us are from the USA or care about its politics. 

+ 1

8 hours ago, KL Oo said:

+ 2

Just deleting the offending sentence and then informing him would have been sufficient. Rather than nuking an entire thread that me and others were interested in.

I would request that the mods return the thread (if just hidden) with the offending sentence removed.