Sign in to follow this  
HiFly

Unable to reload saved flight FSX SP2

In searching the  forum apparently others have had this issue since the last update of NGX.  I do not have this problem with any other complex simulations only the NGX.  Attempting to reload the flight after restart of FSX (using a default aircraft) the simulation counts down and loads the panel and scenery correctly.  Engines restart and plane continues on course (AP and LNAV engaged) but the VNAV will not engage and the FMC alert is flashing.  When I access the FMC, the route is gone and the data is corrupted with strange out of range numbers which I am able to sometimes correct using the delete option. I am also able to re-enter my saved route as "company route" but as soon as I try to set VNAV to the next waypoint I encounter a CTD.  .  I have tried different sequences of data entry to fix the FMS but it either results in CTD or a screen freeze.  With the VAS issue, I need to be able to save and restart my flights prior to approach to refresh my VAS.  I have no problem doing this with B744 V3, MD11, and any other complex aircraft.  I have Windows 10 but I had this problem even back years ago when I had VISTA.  But then I was able to reload the flight if I only saved it once and it was saved while in level flight.  So I just lived with the problem but now I am not even able to do that after the last update.  I thought I remember the issue being discussed and a promise that it would be addressed in that latest update but apparently it was not.  I have a very powerful machine that gives me upwards of 150 fps in may areas and 50-60 fps in even heavy scenery areas so that certainly cannot be the issue.  I use ASN and UT2 and GSX but no other.  I use no external controllers nor do I use FSUIPC for anything.  Any help would be appreciated.  

Craig

I think your best route is via support ticket.  I often loaded saved scenarios in P3D without problem and don't have FSX installed anymore to check this out.  The best you might learn from this user to user forum is if others have the same problem, the solution if any will be via PMDG Product Support.

Dan Downs KCRP

I was hoping that maybe Kyle would chime in with a suggestion or two.  This has been ongoing for me even before the last upgrade.  I have a new system and I have absolutely no issues with other PMDG products, so why the NGX?  But since you are the only one that answered this OP (and thank you for that, Dan) I think the ticket route is the only way I can go on this.  Again, thank you.

Craig