Sign in to follow this  
kbowler

Bug in WT & BALANCE window of EFB

I do not know if anyone has mentioned this, but if using kg in the FMC and EFB, the WT & BALANCE value in the EFB for FUEL DENSITY (which should be in kg/l, shows up as 6.699 (i.e the lbs/gal US figure) when it should be 0.803.  Using the "Read from Aircraft" button does however insert the correct value.  Nevertheless for the sake of correctness, it would be nice to have this value set initially as 0.803, as at present it causes the fuel in each tank to show ridiculously high maximum figures until the button is pressed.

Regards

Keith 

Edited by kbowler

Regards

Keith Bowler

12 minutes ago, kbowler said:

I do not know if anyone has mentioned this, but if using kg in the FMC and EFB, the WT & BALANCE value in the EFB for FUEL DENSITY (which should be in kg/l, shows up as 6.699 (i.e the lbs/gal US figure) when it should be 0.803.  Using the "Read from Aircraft" button does however insert the correct value.  Nevertheless for the sake of correctness, it would be nice to have this value set initially as 0.803, as at present it causes the fuel in each tank to show ridiculously high maximum figures until the button is pressed.

Unless you're looking for community verification, all things that you need PMDG to address, specifically, need to go through the official support function at support.precisionmanuals.com.

This is the community support forum, where users help other users. Bug reports are not guaranteed to be seen, or addressed here, and could easily be overlooked.

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you Kyle for your reply.  In a sense, yes, I was looking to see if what I was seeing was a genuine bug, or something peculiar to my setup. Verification by others would give me ample justification for reporting it as a genuine bug.  I did not want to waste the developers time by making it "official" at the outset, but in view of what you have said, I'll get in touch with official support.

Regards

Keith

Regards

Keith Bowler

2 minutes ago, kbowler said:

Thank you Kyle for your reply.  In a sense, yes, I was looking to see if what I was seeing was a genuine bug, or something peculiar to my setup. Verification by others would give me ample justification for reporting it as a genuine bug.  I did not want to waste the developers time by making it "official" at the outset, but in view of what you have said, I'll get in touch with official support.

Always appreciated when people verify first, but once you do, the official support site is the proper way to do it, since it's all tracked and guaranteed to be seen.

Thanks!

Kyle Rodgers

3 hours ago, kbowler said:

Using the "Read from Aircraft" button does however insert the correct value. 

This.  You do not want the EFB guessing the value... the value in that field before reading the aircraft/FMS or manually setting it should not be considered valid.  I see your point but as Kyle said if you want something verified and put on the bug list it has to be on a support ticket.

Dan Downs KCRP