Sign in to follow this  
tamsini

To anyone who is having P3D hang at startup

3 hours ago, pmb said:

I always have been running P3D with high priority (set via SimStarter) and never had an issue so far. Potentially, I observed this can fight blurries.

Of course, I can't exclude it would run even better without high on other systems. 🙂 

Kind regards, Michael

Hello Michael,

I have SimStarter…I'm not sure where to set P3D with high priority (still learning how to use it). Just curious, where do I set this?

I found it. It's located in the RUN manager settings. Simply click on P3D to highlight it, then click MODIFY SELECTED. I was able to change the priority to HIGH.

Thanks for the tip...

Edited by flyblueskies

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

I have installed over 50 airport packages into P3D v4.3 in the last 4 days. The installers varied quite a bit and most did not have an option to install in v4. I just went with the flow and pointed it to the parent folder of P3D.

Those didn’t create entries in scenery.cfg so I used that excellent addon designed for FSX and P3D to create them. I saved scenery.cfg with them at the top then opened it using Lorby’s Addon Organiser to move them to my preferred position before saving.

I launched P3D after each airport was installed and ensured it looked okay. I never once edited scenery.cfg using Notepad++ as it’s a harder and riskier job.

Lesson? Use Lorby’s Addon Organiser. 👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

17 minutes ago, flyblueskies said:

Hello Michael,

I have SimStarter…I'm not sure where to set P3D with high priority (still learning how to use it). Just curious, where do I set this?

I found it. It's located in the RUN manager settings. Simply click on P3D to highlight it, then click MODIFY SELECTED. I was able to change the priority to HIGH.

Thanks for the tip...

Exactly 🙂

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Are you using Lorby’s Addon Organiser

Yep