Sign in to follow this  
jozeff

does anybody know what's wrong with hovercontrol.com

Hi all,

I love the dodosim 206 in P3d and a lot of helicopter info is located at www.hovercontrol.com.

This site seems to be offline the last couple of days....what is wrong there?

Thanks!

Jozeff

hovercontrol.com is no longer resolving to an address, although the dns registration for the domain is still valid until Nov 2019.

Looks to me like Jordan shut it down.  Whether that's permanent, or part of a move or rebuild of the site, etc is anyone's guess.

You could peruse the historical archives (e.g. Wayback Machine) and see if there's an e-mail address or website someone in there that could lead you to someone who might know more.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

This could possibly end up being disappointing, I know there were a few naysayers saying that DoDo in P3D4 was vaporware, but the last I was at hovercontrol, they were close with all artwork and even closer with the new sytems. Seems that most working on it were overseas and finish would speed up when all returned home. The bad part is that choppers in P3D really don't exist(inmho) without this one showing up on our doorstep. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

16 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

This could possibly end up being disappointing, I know there were a few naysayers saying that DoDo in P3D4 was vaporware, but the last I was at hovercontrol, they were close with all artwork and even closer with the new sytems. Seems that most working on it were overseas and finish would speed up when all returned home. The bad part is that choppers in P3D really don't exist(inmho) without this one showing up on our doorstep. 

Been reading that the dodo for P3D is " almost ready" for many years

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Yes, that is true. It is working in p3dv3 perfectly however. Even in VR it looks great. A p3dv4 version is being worked on they say.

The dodosim Huey is in development.......in 2009 they posted that. A decade is unbelievably long in the digital world...don't wait for that one.

Too bad hovercontrol seems offline though. Great website for helicopter lovers like me.

Still offline and even dodosim's website still lists hovercontrol for the support forums. They know about it and have made no moves to modify the support link. Like others have said, these guys have been saying they are working on updated projects for a decade now with nothing to show for it. I long ago gave up on this crew. Sad too because next to DCS they were the only helicopter sim skills around. Everything else for FSX or XP11 is a joke when it comes to helos.

Asus X570 TUF WIFI | 5800X3D | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | MSI RTX 4090 | EVGA 1300W | ASUS GT501 TUF | Samsung C49RG90 49" | Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 11 Professional X64