Sign in to follow this  
LRW

Another i9-9900k build

OK, thanks Larry!
That's why I was seeing the Mt Rainier from NYC!! :--))

Edited by David Roch
  • Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

On 12/19/2018 at 11:04 AM, LRW said:

It didn't eliminate 100% of autogen popping and also some black textures when I look perpendicular to the direction of flight, but it is a significant improvement for me.

Added the entries, didn't find any big difference.

On 12/19/2018 at 9:26 AM, LRW said:

Did you add the settings that Rob described in the v4.4 thread?  That made a big difference for me.

MAX_TEXTURE_REQUEST_DISTANCE=320000

ENABLE_MEMORY_OPTIMIZATION=0

What does ENABLE_MEMORY_OPTIMIZATION do?

5 hours ago, joemiller said:

What does ENABLE_MEMORY_OPTIMIZATION do?

This is from Rob's P3D Guide.  This description was written from a 32-bit perspective, when OOM's were a major concern.  Setting it to '1' in a 64-bit environment will result in higher VAS but keep textures available longer.

ENABLE_MEMORY_OPTIMIZATION
Section: [GRAPHICS]
Source: LM – Beau Hollis
Default: 1 (if no entry exists)
Description:
1. Performs periodic cleanup of the geometric cache which stores buffers used for batched buildings. If you have high autogen settings and move spin the camera around, the geometric cache can get quite big. Looking strait up at the sky for a few seconds may get you back 100+ MB of VAS. This change doesn't really help with the worst case scenarios where 200+ MB of memory is needed for the current scene, but it could help a great deal if you were to start in london where autogen is very taxing and switch to FlyTampa Dubai, where autogen is mostly disabled and replaced with pre-batched placed models.
2. Clear textures out when changing airports. Going to a new airport would trigger loading of new texture before the current area's textures had been given their 10-seconds to page out. Clearing out textures on airport change, helps prevent a spike in texture memory related to this. Note that with MaintainSystemCopyOfDeviceTextures enabled, this is less important as the bulk of the memory associated with these textures should already be freed up before the switch.

Benefits: Reduce VAS usage.
Detriments: None.

Larry

i9-9900k@5.0 HT, Maximus XI Code, 16GB TridentZ @ 4000, 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hydro, ekwb EK-KIT P360 water, 4K@30, W10 Pro, P3D v5.0

Just a quick update. Have been running the machine on 5.0 Oc with 1.300v and HT off for about 1.5 week. Max tempts are 74C with PMDG/FSL/AS2016/ORBX Stuff/FT/FB/T2G and, most importantly, with my own custom made 100% AI Traffic in heavy hubs such KLAX, KSEA or CYYZ. I'm running 2k resolution monitor, all settings to max with exception of autogen for buildings (I have it set to 60%) and autogen draw distance (Set to 80%). Typical FPS while approaching KLAX 25L is 22-23FPS, KFSO 28R/L - 32-35FPS. Use NVI with 4xSGSGAA (2x while at night). Also, I don't know why it's happening, but I have ALL cores constantly working in P3D despite that HT is off, pretty much in the same manner as David Roch posted in other topic....and H150PRO is SO quiet. Total silence 🙂

Bottom line = very happy with the upgrade coming from 6700k@4.6

Thanks to all, especially to Larry and Martin

4 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

Also, I don't know why it's happening, but I have ALL cores constantly working in P3D despite that HT is off, 

All "cores" will be available with HT off. Its the additional "threads" provided by hyper threading that will be off. 

You will see 8 cores with HT off and 8 cores plus 8 virtual cores with HT ON. So 16.

Edited by martin-w