Sign in to follow this  
Cool

Flysimware GNS 530

First of all, I love the FA50, I was dreaming to have it and you did it, thank you so much FSW !

Because I love it I would like of course to fly it as I use to fly with my hardware. (Warthog Jostick + 2 Saitek throttles for the 3 engines/spoilers/Flaps 

The Warthog joystick is controled with the right hand, then I use to fly at the copilot side as PF.

Then would it be possible to also 2 units of FSW GNS 530 in order to have one also on the right side of the pedestral?

It is the only available unit in the FA50 GPS Panel layout which can not have 2 units.

I hope it is possible and not too complicated. If not, never mind,  for the FA50 I will move to the captian side 😃

Pascal

si.php?id=1

1 hour ago, Cool said:

First of all, I love the FA50, I was dreaming to have it and you did it, thank you so much FSW !

Because I love it I would like of course to fly it as I use to fly with my hardware. (Warthog Jostick + 2 Saitek throttles for the 3 engines/spoilers/Flaps 

The Warthog joystick is controled with the right hand, then I use to fly at the copilot side as PF.

Then would it be possible to also 2 units of FSW GNS 530 in order to have one also on the right side of the pedestral?

It is the only available unit in the FA50 GPS Panel layout which can not have 2 units.

I hope it is possible and not too complicated. If not, never mind,  for the FA50 I will move to the captian side 😃

Pascal

My understanding is because of the FSW GNS 530 coding it is not currently possible to have two GNS 530 units installed at the same time. So you have been promoted to Captain, Pasca!

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

😂 It was quicker than expected 🤩

I understand the point.

Then would it be complicated to choose to put it on the right instead of the left side of the pedestral?

Pascal

si.php?id=1

It doesn't look like there will be any changes to how the FSW GNS530 installs in the Falcon 50.  So I guess your options are to make good use of the 2D popup, or to buy one of the GPS units that install on both sides of the cockpit.

Al

Well its a shame, it would be the cherry on the cake to be able to choose if the FSW GNS530 would be on the left or on the right side of the pedestral.

Pascal

si.php?id=1

Not that any of the Garmin GPS devices is particularly realistic in a Falcon...or any bizjet this size, for that matter. 

A solid UNS-1 would suit this plane a little better. Maybe they could integrate Ernie Alstons Honeywell GNSXLS, that would probably be a sufficient replacement.

Edited by Speedbird_2652

7 hours ago, Speedbird_2652 said:

Not that any of the Garmin GPS devices is particularly realistic in a Falcon...or any bizjet this size, for that matter. 

A solid UNS-1 would suit this plane a little better. Maybe they could integrate Ernie Alstons Honeywell GNSXLS, that would probably be a sufficient replacement.

We already have contacted Ernie to see if he will license his UNS he almost has finished. We want to put the UNS in the Lear and the Falcon 50. So we will see what happens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flysimware said:

We already have contacted Ernie to see if he will license his UNS he almost has finished. We want to put the UNS in the Lear and the Falcon 50. So we will see what happens.

That would be incredible, especially with an updatable database from Navigraph or something. Then we can truly do transatlantic flights on online networks! A bizjet with an FMS is all I ever wanted in P3D

7 hours ago, Flysimware said:

Great news! 

Also one of those occasions where "it would be awesome if..." was followed by "yeah, we'll try to do just that" :D 

Here is the 3D model. Since we need to send a 2D image soon for our product. And i will use the 3D model to take the image.

No photo description available.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Speedbird_2652 said:

Any news on this? 

I've read that an update was released for the FSW Falcon, is it now including the UNS-1?

No. While it is certainly possible the Falcon 50 might get an UNS-1, it won't be soon. I expect that the Lear35 would be the first FSW a/c for a possible UNS-1 update since the RW Lear35 that the FSW Lear35 is modeled after, and that FSW chief pilot Joe flies, has the UNS-1.

Al