Sign in to follow this  
rickgo

Rain Effects for Falcon 50

Any rain effects for this plane? Trueglass ie...

Rick

Edited by rickgo
plane model
  • Like 1

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

Yes, like most FSX a/c you will get rain drops on the windshield.

Al

There are indeed, but they are just the standard P3D V4 ones as far as I am aware. Here's me landing it visually in a fairly rough thunderstorm, steep with minimal flaps at high speed to aid penetration because of the wind shear and updrafts:

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

16 hours ago, ark said:

Yes, like most FSX a/c you will get rain drops on the windshield.

Al

That is a typo above, meant to say "like most FSW a/c......"

FSW has written custom rain effect code.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Chock said:

There are indeed, but they are just the standard P3D V4 ones as far as I am aware. Here's me landing it visually in a fairly rough thunderstorm, steep with minimal flaps at high speed to aid penetration because of the wind shear and updrafts:

Under 200 knots turn those wipers on....There is no default rain effect. You have to model and write code custom.

10 hours ago, Flysimware said:

Under 200 knots turn those wipers on....There is no default rain effect. You have to model and write code custom.

Or if a developer wants to switch to physics-based raindrop modeling, A2A offers theirs to other developers for free:

https://a2asimulations.com/product/a2a-rain-effect-for-p3dv4/

It's the same modeling that is used in the A2A Bonanza.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Flysimware said:

Alright to be strictly accurate it utilises the default support added in P3D v4 for VC rain effects rather than using anything super fancy.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I don't know what P3D provides but I think FSW uses the same custom rain effect coding in P3D that he does in FSX.

Al

5 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Or if a developer wants to switch to physics-based raindrop modeling, A2A offers theirs to other developers for free:

Hi Folks,

Yeah - if they are sharing them with everyone for FREE - I'd hope Flysimware takes a look to consider - at least...

They're quite good...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Before some people get too carried away with this, the raindrop modeling is available to developers only. You have to have access to the aircraft's original model files in either blender, gmax, or 3dsMax.

Hi Folks,

Yeah - if they are sharing them with everyone for FREE - I'd hope Flysimware takes a look to consider - at least...

They're quite good...

I think that would be a huge leap for this falcon, that would definitely be awsome if flysimware would consider this!!  

Our custom rain effect works for all sim. Why would i want to use this version which only is for P3D V4? And its another DLL which we already use too many. is there a big difference?

On 11/24/2018 at 2:50 AM, Flysimware said:

Our custom rain effect works for all sim. Why would i want to use this version which only is for P3D V4? And its another DLL which we already use too many. is there a big difference?

It would be great if it was an option... please consider it.  Visually, yes there is a large difference.

Joseph Chamberlain

FAA ADX

On 11/24/2018 at 1:50 AM, Flysimware said:

x2 -- Please consider it.  There is a big difference.  

Why would you want to make a version for only P3Dv4?  -- well with respect to our FSX friends I will not go there, other than to say the 64-bit sim P3Dv4 allows more things to be done and will get more capability in the future.   You are already going that direction with PBR.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB