Sign in to follow this  
Indy511

Hello to a new aircraft

I prefer short and stubby aircraft, they are cute.  Like the A318. Or the 737-600.  You do not have to fly with the whole world somewhere, just a small group of astral travelers......😑

10 hours ago, BillS511 said:

Longer than the A380.

I think the 747-8 already has it beat, although it looks like the 777-9X is longer than even the -8 by two feet.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Interesting that they offer folding wingtips again (they offered them already on the original 777 design) despite the fact that the A380 has an even greater wingspan.

23 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

Interesting that they offer folding wingtips again (they offered them already on the original 777 design) despite the fact that the A380 has an even greater wingspan.

Because it most likely wouldn't be able to use the same gates as the current 777s if it didn't.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Gate concerns were exactly (one of the main) reasons why Boeing offered the folding wingtips on the original 777, but all customers opted against them due to the due to the higher weight, complexity and cost.