Sign in to follow this  
wheels1911

PMDG'S 777 and simbrief Flight plans.

So im creating this to figure out if im doing everything correctly.

This is about the 777 and the "ROUTE" request feature.

I have noticed a few things with this feature that i feel are not even close to accurate.

For example lets say in sim brief I set my Extra Fuel, my cargo and my passengers. I then Generate my OFP(Flight plan) and download it threw the "ROUTE" feature. My 777 downloads data in the PERF INT page that doesn't even remotely match my Sim Brief flight plan, I'm not anywhere near an expert here but im pretty sure it is suppose to copy it correct?

I also notice that the altitude my Flight plane gives me doesn't match what my 777 wants to do in the request feature. Completely different. Is this just because Sim Brief sucks or is this normal for the 777 to download completely different Data instead

When I load a saved COROUTE the 777 always calculates a PERF for me, but if i chose not to use that, I just press the REJECT LSK and input my own data

My understanding is PERF INT is based on PMDG aircraft setting  and not simbrief. Importing flightplan does not import PERF setting. IF you look at PMDG aircraft setting, you can set a cost index which will be used as default. You can always reject and enter it manually. In real life, pilots always enter PERF INT information manually based on flightplan documentation.

Best wishes

Ash Nerurkar

6 hours ago, wheels1911 said:

I also notice that the altitude my Flight plane gives me doesn't match what my 777 wants to do in the request feature. Completely different. Is this just because Sim Brief sucks or is this normal for the 777 to download completely different Data instead

Simbrief certainly does not “suck”. The route data you download from Simbrief does not include the ZFW and fuel data. As others have said, Perf Init uplink works from whatever weight and fuel has been loaded in the 777. You need to manually set ZFW and fuel to whatever Simbrief produced in the OFP. Then the Perf Init uplink will match the flight planI do this as soon as I load the 777 so I don’t forget it. 

To be even more accurate you can create a 777 profile in Simbrief which matches the OEW of the PMDG 777. 

Edited by kevinh
  • Upvote 2

ki9cAAb.jpg

7 hours ago, kevinh said:

To be even more accurate you can create a 777 profile in Simbrief which matches the OEW of the PMDG 777.  

Thanks for the great info. Question how do I find the OEW of my 777 I looked threw every manual with search feature couldn't find anything

1 hour ago, wheels1911 said:

Thanks for the great info. Question how do I find the OEW of my 777 I looked threw every manual with search feature couldn't find anything

Easiest way is to open the aircraft.cfg, look for empty weight.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.