Sign in to follow this  
iMoveQuick

MCP Combo better?

Hi there,

Few month ago I had the multi switch panel from vrinsight. 

That was a big dissapointment, But I'm now looking at the Airbus combo II or the Boeing combo II.

But does that panel work better than the the multi panel switch in terms of rotation speed with de altittude,heading and speed, and are all buttons programmable for other aircraft? And does it work in p3d, bacause it days it only for fs2009 and FSX?

Because I had slot of trouble with the Airbus speed/altitude/heading knob setting or does it have a profile for the Airbus or Boeing planes?

Planes I fly :

- all pmdg aircraft (+747-8)

- Aerosoft Airbus Prof

- Qualitywings 787

- CS 757 (Not alot)

My problem explained by a review :

"Setting a heading or altitude is dead easy. All autopilot values are visible at a glance and are simple to change. Each value has its own knob (as you would expect at this price) and they all work. However, they are very sensitive which is useful if you are setting the altitude from 10,000 feet to 35,000 feet as the value moves quickly, however it is less useful when you are trying to get a precise speed as you have to increase then decrease and it can be inconvenient. Something else I noticed was that the displays lag slightly when you change the value, making it even harder to get the desired value. This can start to get annoying after a long period. This is true for all the displays."

Thank you in advance!

~iMoveQuick

Edited by iMoveQuick
Added planes I Fly

Hi

Sorry to hear of your experience with the VRi Multi Panel. I don’t have this but I do own both the VRi Combo 2 Boeing and Airbus panels.  

LINDA was originally designed to replace the VRi software for these panels handling both knobs and buttons. Modules are supplied for all the aircraft you list.

As you have a bias for Boeing aircraft, I would recommend getting the Boeing MCP model. This has move knobs and buttons and can be programmed to work with the Aerosoft Airbus.

I would refer you to our LINDA community to dismiss the criticisms in the review you quote. I believe this refers to the VRi software not LINDA.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

25 minutes ago, ScotFlieger said:

Hi

Sorry to hear of your experience with the VRi Multi Panel. I don’t have this but I do own both the VRi Combo 2 Boeing and Airbus panels.  

LINDA was originally designed to replace the VRi software for these panels handling both knobs and buttons. Modules are supplied for all the aircraft you list.

As you have a bias for Boeing aircraft, I would recommend getting the Boeing MCP model. This has move knobs and buttons and can be programmed to work with the Aerosoft Airbus.

I would refer you to our LINDA community to dismiss the criticisms in the review you quote. I believe this refers to the VRi software not LINDA.

The problem with the multi panel is that it took ages to go from 10000ft to 35000ft, But is the rotatie speed quicker  than the switch panel?

it was Not only with the altitude, But also the speed,heading, altimeter and minimums.

EDIT : are the  rotation knobs also programmable for the Airbus and the non pmdg aircraft, since pmdg uses event id's and the qualitywings and CS version don't?

Edited by iMoveQuick

The knobs on the VRi Combo panels generate a slow and a fast rotation output which LINDA reads and actions through the functions _inc, _incfast, _dec and _decfast (eg. ALT_decfast). The function normally work it steps of hundreds of feet not units. 

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I know, But even though it was on fast, But on the switch a 360 turn was just a 1000ft for wxample, sometimes Not even a 1000ft.

EDIT : This was the was the post i made a few months ago (is it improved with This combo? 

Edited by iMoveQuick

The VRi knobs are not rotary encoders. The rotary output is not linked to the angular movement. It is dependent on the speed of rotation. When it detects a rotation LINDA will actions the input code at 50Hz. A slow code with normally change the value by 10, 100 or 1000 - determined as the best compromise when a module is developed. A fast code with multiply this by 4, 5 or 10. Don't expect a precise relation between the number of turns and the change in value. You will need to invest in more expensive hardware if you want the accuracy you desire. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK