Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

Being pleasant pays..

I ordered some curtains (shades, blinds w.h.y.) from a website. Delivery was supposed to be 5 days. 7 days later I got an email:

Dear R.W.Attwood ,

We have been unusually busy this last week coming up to the Christmas Period. Unfortunately it has set us a few days behind our normal lead times. We are working to clear the back log and get orders out to our customers as soon as possible. We apologise for the delay, we hope to have your order out to you soon.

Your order is very important to us and we sincerely apologise for the delay and causing you any inconvenience.

If it is an emergency to have your order dispatched please call us on 01953 889215 or email support@woodyattcurtains.com and we will do our best to ensure it is dispatched straight away.

Please contact us if you have any further queries.

Kind Regards,

Stephen

Tel: 01953 889215

Email: Support@blahblah.com

Not convinced by the 'Busy because of Christmas' excuse, (Curtains, Christmas?) I replied:

On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 12:38 AM Ron <ron.attwood@blahblahblah.com> wrote:
Hello Stephen, thanks for the update. However, we are getting a little tired of the neighbours gathering outside the house and watching us walk around naked. I wouldn't mind but it's the laughing that gets to us. So I really would appreciate an early delivery.
Regards, Ron Attwood.

This came this morning:

Dear Ron 

Thank you for your email, it certainly made me smile this morning! I can confirm I have arranged to have your order upgraded to a next day delivery parcel and therefore this will be dispatched today. This will be coming via Royal Mail 24 hour and will be delivered to you tomorrow. I hope this helps resolve your situation and you are pleased with your order upon arrival 

Have a lovely day

Kind regards 
Megan 
Customer Support 

Keep a sense of humour, it sometimes helps. :biggrin:

spacer.gif

• Like 15
  • Upvote 4

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I give thanks (on this USA Thanksgiving day) for the LOL I just had. 

Cheers,

Greg

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Maybe she got tired of laughing too?  Gobble....gobble! 😉

I guess it's not a real good time of year to be a jive turkey. 😉  

Hope you're the eater and not the eaten. 😉

Edited by Bill Alderson

Bill Alderson

What a fantastic Thanksgiving uplift hoot, Ron. Sooner you than I walking around in this current spell of cold weather...........butt.....(word not mentionable🤣)

My wife, daughter and I saw our Canadian neighbor naked in his backyard, we had to go inside, we were in hysterics laughing, I know they heard us.  We became good friends with them but politely never mentioned what we saw, we only saw the posterior anyway, thank goodness.  My wife and I always had a saying: "Too much information".....  We would shorten that to TMI when such situations presented themselves to us.

John

• Like 2

It should be noted that we didn't, or don't, walk about the house naked. Or that the neighbours don't really gather outside the house and laugh.

Just so ya know. :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

It should be noted that we didn't, or don't, walk about the house naked. Or that the neighbours don't really gather outside the house and laugh.

That's why I live in an apartment now.  It's my space and my neighbors have their space, we do not fight, we live close together.  Homes are sold with the adage "Pride of Ownership".  But they separate people.  Into little silos, and neighbors start looking into business that is not their business.

2 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

I took it for what it meant---- not a reality but a liberal expression to get that response from that supplier, which was effective, as it got a result, Ron.

2 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Sure Ron!

17 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

You're not one of my neighbours are you? :unsure:

I just happened to stroll by once - never again!!!

On 11/23/2018 at 5:29 AM, Cactus521 said:

My wife, daughter and I saw our Canadian neighbor naked in his backyard, we had to go inside, we were in hysterics laughing, I know they heard us.  We became good friends with them but politely never mentioned what we saw, we only saw the posterior anyway, thank goodness.  My wife and I always had a saying: "Too much information".....  We would shorten that to TMI when such situations presented themselves to us.

John

As I Canadian I can say that I have never walked around naked outside but will admit we have quite a few that do. He is probably from Wreck Beach or something 😄

Canada also has abolished the law so that girls can go topless anywhere due to equality, but I've never seen it

Matthew Kane

55 minutes ago, Matthew Kane said:

As I Canadian I can say that I have never walked around naked outside but will admit we have quite a few that do. He is probably from Wreck Beach or something 😄

Canada also has abolished the law so that girls can go topless anywhere due to equality, but I've never seen it

Sure....

Thanks for the bright humor.  Things like this make Hangar Chat worth coming to even if it isn't flight related.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.