Sign in to follow this  
Radial9

Missing OPS Center in startup menu

I'm about to embark on the 737NGX learning curve. I had hoped to spend considerable more hours flying the Q400 turboprop before taking this task on, but the landing gear retraction bug has rendered the AC unpredictable for online live ATC flying. I'm sure they will eventually get it sorted out and I can continue to accumulate regional hours, but it's time to move on, for now.

I purchased the PMDG 737NGX in the fall of 17. Just now getting it operational. I noticed I had no OPS Center on my start menu. I'm thinking, no worries, the reinstall will fix that issue.

Read the installs section of the manuals and a few months of posts here and determined I would be wise to uninstall using Control Panel and reinstall the AC. The uninstall and reinstall went just fine. The OPS Center came up, two notices informed I needed a livery fix and an update. Did both, all OK, closed the OPS Center. Started up P3DV4.2, AC loads just fine.

However, I still have no PMDG listing on my Win10 Start menu. Any suggestions? Might I be doing something incorrectly?

No biggie now, I have literally tens of dozens of hours of reading and learning ahead, but it might come in handy down the road.

And.... I'm using ChasePlane. One of my first tasks before starting the tutorial flights is getting a good Chaseplane views set up and running. Anyone recommend a good premade set from the community they like for a starting point?

Thanks...

Bob Tonkin

First please uninstall your version of the NGX and download the current installer from your account and install it.

Second, it is not unusual to have the OC missing from the start menu and the easy fix (which I do in lieu of start menu) is to find the OC in the Program Files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center folder and create a desktop shortcut.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 11/22/2018 at 12:15 PM, downscc said:

First please uninstall your version of the NGX and download the current installer from your account and install it.

I believe I did mention that used the control panel to uninstall my previous version of the 737NGX from late 2017. I did download the current product executable folder zip file from my account and ran the XX.exe file as an administrator afte unzipping it. I'm hopeful that is what you meant by "current installer" and not some separate program from PMDG for installing the executable.

I did locate the OC on my C drive.

If I have missed anything, I apologize for my ignorance. I did not find any "installer" mentions on the PMDG website. Maybe just a communication and wording issue.

Cheers,

Bob Tonkin

30 minutes ago, Radial9 said:

I did not find any "installer" mentions on the PMDG website. Maybe just a communication and wording issue.

For a communications engineer I'm a poor communicator.  Yes, installer referred to NGX installer.  The OC is part of the NGX, 747, 777 and DC6 installer and is not a separate installer. 

Dan Downs KCRP