Sign in to follow this  
eslader

Is there a way to eliminate runways from the default ATC?

I ran the airport updating tool to modernize the airports in P3d4. That worked great, except ATC doesn't know about it. For example, I fly into KFLL a lot, and ATC keeps wanting me to land on rwy31, which no longer exists. If I request one that actually exists, it sets me up for the approach and then wants me to circle to land on 31. Any way to edit a file to remove runways from ATC?

Thanks

26 minutes ago, eslader said:

I ran the airport updating tool to modernize the airports in P3d4.

What updating tool did you use?

I'm 99% sure it was the Orbx Global Airport pack that updated the visuals to turn the runway into a series of taxiways. I know it messed with KSKX as well, updating it for the new runway they added a few years back.

I have also run the FSX/P3D navaids and ILS/Rwy regional updates, but unless I'm wrong, they don't change the visuals.

The runway, btw, is also not listed in FMS/etc that are updated with current AIRACs (as expected).

Fairly certain that ORBX freeware airports didn't do anything to KFLL. What else have you got in there?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I don't run any addon scenery other than Orbx. FTX Global Base, Vector, Open LC North America, and Global Airport Pack are the only ones that should impact Florida at all. The full list of the other packs I have are Open LC Mesh South America, Devil's Tower, and Yosemite. 

That said, now that I think about it, you're right. I'm sure that wasn't messed with by Orbx because there aren't any of their airplanes or people there.

Still, the runway's gone, replaced by taxiways as in real life, but P3D's ATC doesn't seem to know it. Weird.

Edited by eslader

Sounds like there's still an AFCAD active that has runway 31.  Are you using MyTraffic (an AI injector program)?  Have you installed any other scenery for KFLL?  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Nope. Stock artificial traffic only. The only scenery I installed is what's listed above. No KFLL scenery at all. 

To make sure the problem is correctly understood, the *visuals* are fine - There are taxiways where the runway used to be, just as it is today at the real airport. It's only the ATC instructions that are wrong because it keeps trying to get me to land on a runway that isn't there.