Sign in to follow this  
Aviator64

More G1000 nonsense from Carenado

31 minutes ago, jalbino59 said:

I'm with you sir. I'm looking forward to this release as well. Just that there is nothing to indicate right now that Vertx DA62 would address the OP's issue.

It’s Ok. What I’m sure I read somewhere, and I think it was at FSElite is that the G1000 would work as it’s real world counterpart, a totally different beast if compared to the Carenado’s G1000.

Cheers, Ed 

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Look here, a very nive video originally posted by @kymh in a now closed thread about the DA-62:

Enjoy, and thanks to @kymh

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Since this is the Carenado DA62 forum, it would be IMO fair to point out that the Vertx DA62 will be available only for P3D.

On 11/24/2018 at 4:11 PM, FDEdev said:

Since this is the Carenado DA62 forum, it would be IMO fair to point out that the Vertx DA62 will be available only for P3D.

Yes, you're right, this is a Carenado forum, but I have yet to see a single post from Carenado here 😉

On 11/24/2018 at 6:31 PM, raymie said:

If memory serves me correctly, I believe it will be available only for version 4.

Yes, and that's indeed very good news, so no limitations from an old code for this one!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

Finally, got an answer regarding the nav-data for the Vertx DA62, and as I suspected, it is absolutely sim default (fsx or p3d, take your choice its the same thing). So the only way to make it truly realistic "real world like G1000", and by this I mean unlocking the departure and approach procedures and make the database updateble, is to replace the sim default navigation data with FS aerodata (a formidable process for the less technical  flight simmer, and an addition 8.50 euro per month or 19.50 for the year).  

No number of real world Garmin manuals will change that (all of the manuals are freely available at the Garmin website by the way).

I have the Carenado version, it's not that bad, but again, I will be purchasing the Vertx version and doing all the aformentioned updates, and optional FSAeroData, but back again to the OP's concern.  This aircraft will not resolve his issues, not the out of the box version, not without extra expense and possible data corruption if your not aware and capable of modifying (CORE) FSX, or P3D files. 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

Yes, you're right, this is a Carenado forum, but I have yet to see a single post from Carenado here

1 hour ago, FDEdev said:

Have you ever seen someone from Carenado posting something here on these forums?. It's what I say.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

6 hours ago, edpatino said:

Have you ever seen someone from Carenado posting something here on these forums?. It's what I say.

Sorry, it has been some time ago so I cannot put my finger on any quotes  However, I do remember that some posters have noted that Carenado does not monitor this forum--their Facebook page is the only source they do keep tabs on. If that is correct, I suspect they do not monitor this forum because it is an "unofficial" one ("User to User Support Forum"). For any "technical" support on their payware products, you must submit a support ticket from their website.

2 minutes ago, raymie said:

Sorry, it has been some time ago so I cannot put my finger on any quotes  However, I do remember that some posters have noted that Carenado does not monitor this forum--their Facebook page is the only source they do keep tabs on. If that is correct, I suspect they do not monitor this forum because it is an "unofficial" one ("User to User Support Forum"). For any "technical" support on their payware products, you must submit a support ticket from their website.

Again, this is what I say, Carenado never post anything outside their system, just that.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

4 hours ago, edpatino said:

Again, this is what I say, Carenado never post anything outside their system, just that.

This used to be an official forum many years ago and they did post here. It's only when the rather hostile part of the community in this forum become the majority, that they stopped posting here. 

Edited by FDEdev