Sign in to follow this  
Aviator64

More G1000 nonsense from Carenado

I opened a support ticket with Carenado concering the apparent inability to load and save flight plans. This was their response:

Greetings,
Since this AC uses a Navigraph Database Flight Plan importing is not available.
Regards

Carenado.

There is a certain useful word that can be conveniently disguised as a cough.

Considering that the PMDG 737NGX, the Aerosoft CRJ700, and numerous others use Navigraph data and can easily load flight plans created with an external program, I have a hard time accepting this "explanation".

It is so disappointing - their DA62 is beautifully modeled, and has great flying characteristics. It is just such a shame that their G1000 is so haphazardly programmed; not just this but all the other issues mentioned in this forum. More bugs than an ant farm.

I hope Carenado reads this forum. They are not getting any more of my money until they fix the DA62.

Yep sad to see. They are over trying to suck every penny they can get out of the X-Plain crowd now and once that is done they will most likely fade further into the sunset. I personally am waiting for the release of the Vertx DA-62. I think it is going to be a real crowd pleaser and another classic.

As far as reading this Forum? Probably not. They simply do not care. Never have.

Edited by shivers9
  • Upvote 2

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

39 minutes ago, Aviator64 said:

I opened a support ticket with Carenado concering the apparent inability to load and save flight plans

As I remember, they mentioned that from the beginning, that's why I discarded them for this plane. I'm now waiting for the Vertx version that will hopefully be released before the end of this year, which a fully programmed G1000.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

"

Greetings,
Since this AC uses a Navigraph Database Flight Plan importing is not available.
Regards

Carenado.

"

Make sense.  😂😜   They probably have a bridge to sell too.  That deal won't fly either.  😉

Bill  N7IBG     

Not to be pessimistic, but I've already asked twice on the DA62 topic, what navdata version the Vertx DA62 will use, since RealAir Duke, Legacy did both used FSX default, I had to purchase a GTN to be able to use and save a realistic plan in either of those offerings.  No one has answered yet so assuming that the navdata will still be fsx default you probably won't be able to create or save a flight plan in that one either.  That said, I already own the Carenado but if the Vertx proves to be better, I'll get that one too.  

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

39 minutes ago, jalbino59 said:

Not to be pessimistic, but I've already asked twice on the DA62 topic, what navdata version the Vertx DA62 will use, since RealAir Duke, Legacy did both used FSX default, I had to purchase a GTN to be able to use and save a realistic plan in either of those offerings.  No one has answered yet so assuming that the navdata will still be fsx default you probably won't be able to create or save a flight plan in that one either.  That said, I already own the Carenado but if the Vertx proves to be better, I'll get that one too.  

No one knows the answer to that question except the beta testers and they are most likely under an NDA. My guess is that it won't be using the FSX Data base because it is being designed for Prepar3d only according to the info that as been released so far.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/

2 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

My guess is that it won't be using the FSX Data base because it is being designed for Prepar3d only according to the info that as been released so far.

P3D has a different data base than FSX?

Edited by FDEdev

5 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

P3D has a different data base than FSX?

LOL....since it's a silly question then I will give a silly answer....."Sure it does, its a P3D data base" LOL! It's magic like RTX.

Sam

I don't know why you consider this a silly question. AFAIK there's no Navaids, rwys, variation etc. difference between FSX and P3D. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

I don't know why you consider this a silly question. AFAIK there's no Navaids, rwys, variation etc. difference between FSX and P3D. 

This is also my understanding, nothing silly at all about that exchange except for the answer.  Maybe P3D 4.4 has some changes coming for this which is the only way I see an NDA would apply and justify not answering the question.  Who knows. But as it stands now there is no evidence the Vertx offering will allow flight plans, or departure procedures to be programmed into the G1000, or that the navdata will be update-able. 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

1 hour ago, jalbino59 said:

No one has answered yet so assuming that the navdata will still be fsx default you probably won't be able to create or save a flight plan in that one either

This question was answered before, but I often read in different forums, so I don't exactly remember on which place I read the statement from Vertx, that their G1000 will be able to create flightplans right into the instrument. Try a search on FSElite.net, it was probably there.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Oh OK...I get it! Didn't realize who you guys were at first.

Sam

9 minutes ago, edpatino said:

This question was answered before, but I often read in different forums, so I don't exactly remember on which place I read the statement from Vertx, that their G1000 will be able to create flightplans right into the instrument. Try a search on FSElite.net, it was probably there.

Cheers, Ed

The only thing confirmed was the ability to enter waypoints. 

Jose A.

12 minutes ago, jalbino59 said:

The only thing confirmed was the ability to enter waypoints. 

I honestly I don't remember exactly if it's going to be just that way. If it works like the GTN for the flightplans, to me it would be more than Ok.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

3 minutes ago, edpatino said:

I honestly I don't remember exactly if it's going to be just that way. If it works like the GTN for the flightplans, to me it would be more than Ok.

Cheers, Ed

I'm with you sir. I'm looking forward to this release as well. Just that there is nothing to indicate right now that Vertx DA62 would address the OP's issue.

Jose A.