Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

Flight1 Frustration - Am I the only one

Over the decades I have purchased many products from these folks.

I can't recall a time lately when an update reinstall has gone smoothly. Their complicated system of inputting certificates and or logging into accounts is painful, especially when one has not used it in some time.

Just last night I try to do my RXP GTN update for XP11, I am several updates behind, and I can't log into my account using my tried and true password, which fails and so I get desperate thinking perhaps I changed it and can't recall and try other know passwords which then locks you out of your account.

Then I open a ticket, then they respond by saying I've sent the ticket to the wrong department but offer no redirect to solve my issue.

Its like trying to get service from a large gov't organization and endless loops of passing the buck because its not my responsibility.

I hate dealing with their system, I hate the time I waste and I hate how annoying and frustrating it can be. Flight1's system is by far in my opinion the worst of all the flightsim commercial sites that I deal with. I hate their system so much that I would do anything to buy products from other providers than deal with this ongoing frustration. AND I still haven't been able to get my update resolved.

JustFlight, Carenado is so simple one can do it in your sleep.

Nuff said! There will be no Christmas purchases from Flight1 this year.

• Upvote 1

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

4 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

Over the decades I have purchased many products from these folks.

I can't recall a time lately when an update reinstall has gone smoothly. Their complicated system of inputting certificates and or logging into accounts is painful, especially when one has not used it in some time.

Just last night I try to do my RXP GTN update for XP11, I am several updates behind, and I can't log into my account using my tried and true password, which fails and so I get desperate thinking perhaps I changed it and can't recall and try other know passwords which then locks you out of your account.

Then I open a ticket, then they respond by saying I've sent the ticket to the wrong department but offer no redirect to solve my issue.

Its like trying to get service from a large gov't organization and endless loops of passing the buck because its not my responsibility.

I hate dealing with their system, I hate the time I waste and I hate how annoying and frustrating it can be. Flight1's system is by far in my opinion the worst of all the flightsim commercial sites that I deal with. I hate their system so much that I would do anything to buy products from other providers than deal with this ongoing frustration. AND I still haven't been able to get my update resolved.

JustFlight, Carenado is so simple one can do it in your sleep.

Nuff said! There will be no Christmas purchases from Flight1 this year.

They are in the process of trying to update to a new system. The old system can be a challenge but I have in the past been able to get what I needed. At times it can increase you booze bill a bit though. LOL

• Like 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Just now, shivers9 said:

They are in the process of trying to update to a new system. The old system can be a challenge but I have in the past been able to get what I needed. At times it can increase you booze bill a bit though. LOL

LOL...for me this morning its coffee's...perhaps too many.

And after an hour more still no resolution.

Near CAM3

Have you downloaded their new Flight1 Purchase Agent? It makes it way easier to download and manage your purchases.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

SUCCESS!

The first issue is finding the bloody *.lic file, while all Flight One's are stored in folder "Flight One Software" the RXP bought from Flight1, IS NOT, its stored in "RealityXP"...how convenient, of course since its been a year how the heck am I to remember or know this.

The second issue was to renew my password. Again for the umpteenth time.

And then to the log in and install etc.

I notice also that the order list doesn't have any links is just a list of purchases, when in fact all they need to do is have some servers and also one to click on the order link and pull down the latest version.

Edited by 1st fltsimguy

Near CAM3

9 minutes ago, jlund said:

Have you downloaded their new Flight1 Purchase Agent? It makes it way easier to download and manage your purchases.

Never heard of it. I didn't recall getting an email to do this? Given my first purchase from them dates back to 2004 and the list is as long as my arm I would have thought this would be the case.

However perhaps they did I get some 70-150 emails alone form flightsim subscriptions a day and if it was not flagged as important it might have just got lost in the woodwork.

Interestingly, in the ticket response they did not even mention that I should look into this.

Thanks for this notification!

Edited by 1st fltsimguy

Near CAM3

When you first install it unwraps the installation files, I back those up and use the unwrapped files to reinstall so you don't have to go through that initial process anymore. You still need the licence though. This works for me

Yes Purchase Agent is good too

Matthew Kane

6 minutes ago, Matthew Kane said:

When you first install it unwraps the installation files, I back those up and use the unwrapped files to reinstall so you don't have to go through that initial process anymore. You still need the licence though. This works for me

Yes Purchase Agent is good too

And as usual a good point.

I usually back everything up and guess what, in this case I had not and so had no copy in my payware backups of this information.

I make many many purchases for P3DV4, and now XP its a nightmare of originals and backups of payware purchases, not helped by F1's separate file folders in C drive.

So I just copied the RealityXP install folder into my backup of the installers and its all organized now. Including a note on my new password.

Edited by 1st fltsimguy
  • Like 1

Near CAM3

I've never had a problem resetting licences, passwords or replacing lost keys in all the years I've uaed Flight One. A bit of a fiddle some times, but never an issue.

David Porrett

8 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

So I just copied the RealityXP install folder into my backup of the installers and its all organized now.

Hi,

I'm sorry for the unfortunate installation experience in using our e-commerce procurement partner solution, and how it forces the creation of a folder with our company name in the root drive. This is how the solution is designed.

However, with the Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch and the Reality XP GNS 530/430 V2, you can move the corresponding ".lic" files to a more convenient folder in the "My Documents" folder: "C:\Users\<logon_name>\Documents\Reality XP\"

NB: the .lic files are purchase authentication tokens created in using the e-commerce installer and mandatory for our products to run.

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

OK so I just downloaded and installed their NEW Purchase Agent.

Egad!, its mixed advertising products with my orders, there are settings and buttons, and still certificates, license managers, folder settings....

I don't want this sort of complexity; more software complexity, tabs, buttons, click this and that.

I want to log into my account, see a list of my orders, click on download, save it to a location, install...and if there is a serial key copy paste...finished.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Near CAM3

3 minutes ago, RXP said:

Hi,

I'm sorry for the unfortunate installation experience in using our e-commerce procurement partner solution, and how it forces the creation of a folder with our company name in the root drive. This is how the solution is designed.

However, with the Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch and the Reality XP GNS 530/430 V2, you can move the corresponding ".lic" files to a more convenient folder in the "My Documents" folder: "C:\Users\<logon_name>\Documents\Reality XP\"

NB: the .lic files are purchase authentication tokens created in using the e-commerce installer and mandatory for our products to run.

Thanks Jean Luc...I have just found that and copied over that folder to my separate HD and saved it with the installer update.exe.

Near CAM3

I totally agree with you that Flight1's way of doing it is by far the most difficult solution on the market. I do think the Purchase Agent have made it easier, but I would also like it to be like ie. Simmarket, where you log in, download your product, copy/paste the serial nr and that's it.

I have no doubt that Flight1' method is making it more difficult for pirates, but why make it so difficult for their paying customers.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Just now, jlund said:

I totally agree with you that Flight1's way of doing it is by far the most difficult solution on the market. I do think the Purchase Agent have made it easier, but I would also like it to be like ie. Simmarket, where you log in, download your product, copy/paste the serial nr and that's it.

I have no doubt that Flight1' method is making it more difficult for pirates, but why make it so difficult for their paying customers.

There you go...SimMarket are another site where its easy!

Near CAM3

I relate to Amazon.com and .ca...where I can buy bizillions of $$$ of stuff with "One Click" and two days later its at my door...

Now that's how its supposed to be done.

• Like 1

Near CAM3