Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

P3D running but CPU not running at max speed

6 hours ago, SteveW said:

Obviously I'm only probing Ray for any clue to his problem and yet getting vitriol in return. I'm thinking it's going to be something obvious In the end.

Against my better judgement I'm going to reply. I asked you to cease posting as I have a work-around that works for me. But you persist and wonder why I get annoyed. Please confine your advice to other posts.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

My advise is for allcomers Ray and you have no right whatsoever to dictate who posts on the public forums. There are others eager to read my posts even if you are not. That's not the point of my posts. If they annoy you I cant help that..

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

12 minutes ago, SteveW said:

My advise is for allcomers Ray and you have no right whatsoever to dictate who posts on the public forums. There are others eager to read my posts even if you are not. That's not the point of my posts. If they annoy you I cant help that..

Dictate? I did nothing of the sort. I asked you, not dictated. Have the courtesy to start your own thread.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

II didn't say you dictated - I'm saying you must not dictate to anyone. You can ask but it's useless.

You make it sound like we have had a petty lovers tiff - and yet I don't know you!

You say Pete has the old Win version and you have the new - works on Pete's therefore it must be the Windows Updates? Of course that's not a logical conclusion -but you're going to blame Windows and MS. You had a lovers tiff with them?

I checked that out in my own time and found it unlikely the update caused the issue it concerns other stuff mainly. What a waste of my time.

Then all this waffle about hubs and such when you need not include them in tests.

Ray. Can you include in your startup group (disable the dxdiag starting for this):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CH Products\CMCtlCtr.exe"

21 minutes ago, SteveW said:

Ray. Can you include in your startup group (disable the dxdiag starting for this):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CH Products\CMCtlCtr.exe"

I have never installed the CH Manager software. Windows has always recognised the devices automatically. In any case CH website has shut down.

My yoke, throttles and pedals are all configured through FSUIPC5, not P3D.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I am perfectly aware that you don't use the CHManager Ray.

If it's a bother then never mind. I understand the nature of adding that to the system but it is easy to remove if unwanted.

Remember that at sea they study the direction of two lighthouses to locate their position off the harbour? Having only one is not enough to go on. 

With nothing to go on I feel it's a good idea to run that up and look for any errors there. It could offer a clue. Half the time with this kind of situation, some clue might emerge from that way of testing.

29 minutes ago, SteveW said:

If it's a bother then never mind. I understand the nature of adding that to the system but it is easy to remove if unwanted.

Remember that at sea they study the direction of two lighthouses to locate their position off the harbour? Having only one is not enough to go on. 

With nothing to go on I feel it's a good idea to run that up and look for any errors there. It could offer a clue. Half the time with this kind of situation, some clue might emerge from that way of testing.

The CH website has closed.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

..i'm thinking Ray will revisit this at some stage, so it's handy to know that there's another way to test it out.

The thing I would probably do is confirm the basic package causing the error, maybe just two items plugged right into the PC. I would remove all the controller software and devices clean. I would power up the PC clean no devices plugged in, a couple of times. I would set up the alternative software. I would then step through the install of goflight and so on .

7 hours ago, flibinite said:

Hi Ray, just to be sure, if you mean the CH Products web site at this address, it comes up fine for me: http://www.chproducts.com

Thanks Hans. Why wouldn't CH provide a redirect to their new site? Bit unprofessional. Interesting to note that the downloads section on CH explicitly states their software does not include drivers.

I have never installed any controller software for either CH, Saitek or Logitech hardware. For flight sim purposes it just isn't required and complicates matters. I don't know anyone who has.

I have already unplugged all USB devices except mouse/keyboard last Saturday. Maybe that was missed. GoFlight via the powered USB hub was fine. As soon as the CH pedals were added dxdiag failed. That is using the standard Microsoft driver on W10, just as it was with W7 on my old PC.

As I understand it the only purpose of the CH software was to place the yoke (if you had it) into different modes. The Saitek software is the same. I have no need for different modes negating the need to install their software.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

A test of the CH driver was mentioned merely as an opportunity for Ray to cross test the system if he wanted to, not for use at all. Unfortunately problem solving is just not Ray's cup of tea it seems.

The CH software DOES NOT include the driver. The download package is just an executable. NO DRIVER!!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather