Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

P3D running but CPU not running at max speed

Sorry I too have been trying to find common ground with Ray.

Of course Ray as I said that app which I have has to go all the way for a particularly unique machine. That doesn't detract from the IF since it adds the extra dimension. Remember that it enhances apps like PFPX which I use for manual planning, TOPCAT and the Concorde tool as well. It's very successful across all FSX and P3D versions, it's possibly the most reliable app given the undertaking, check out the list of problems reported, and possibly even the most comprehensively advanced application ever made available for flight sim. It is a kick-a.. app I can't do without. It's different, and you'll know if you want it or not.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

4 minutes ago, ErichB said:

@Ray Proudfoot @SteveW go play outside immediately and leave your computers alone.  You're both grounded. 

😄 I’m trying to read my newspaper on my iPad. Outside? It’s winter Erich. 😉 

Time this topic was locked methinks.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I think I'm going to get an updated copy of IF. Sounds awesome.

• Like 1

Look chaps. I'm sorry I mentioned it, got caught with my pants down thinking that Ray was generalising on asking about my system. But that app does say it all about me and my system in a word, I don't often mention it.

Getting back on track would be good. I feel that what I do Ray, is cover what does what, I don't talk about ideas so much as I would rather keep focused on the real stuff - how it works and what to do. My posts are not guesses, they are borne from extensive research and professional development and installations of these systems in University and military establishments using IF.

Probably the best move would be to start a new thread. Anyone reading the title of this one and then ploughing through 22 pages would probably lose the will to live. It’s deviated from the topic more times than I’ve had hot dinners and I accept I’ve been partly responsible for that.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

19 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Probably the best move would be to start a new thread. Anyone reading the title of this one and then ploughing through 22 pages would probably lose the will to live. It’s deviated from the topic more times than I’ve had hot dinners and I accept I’ve been partly responsible for that.

I just read this topic for the first time.

"P3D running but CPU not running at max speed"

to

Concord ZFW.......There are some serious Chinese whispers going on, in this topic. lol

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Did you check out my extensive commentary in this thread regarding setup and what to look for in terms of that heading?

It Is pretty galling though Ray, that you advise the 22 pages be written off as junk, since there is 'some useful content' in there by some very nice guys. It's not about the number of pages it's about being a part of it. There's never a need to stop any meandering of a thread as far as I'm concerned since this is a vital part of the information transfer. To deviate covers way more ground in the long run.

Steve,

You really need to choose your words more carefully. Where did I say it's junk? Where did I say it should be written off? Think before you post.

Anyone looking for info on the other topics we've discussed including your program will not find it here. Topic titles that reflect the content are crucial if you want to help people. That's why I consider mine very carefully.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I just wish Steve would do a stripped down to the very basic AM setting for.

4 core no HT = AM=xxx

4 core with HT ON =AM=xxx

6 core.....you get the picture

That would be nice without all the tech, graphics etc. 

So people can just think " I trust this guy and simple look what AM they need or not need.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Apparently Steve W. isn't sold on the Gatwick AM calculator for a number of reasons that were outlined in an older thread.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

If this would be possible, Steve would have done this a long time ago. "Sad" fact is: it depends on your very specific hardware combination and of course on your addons, your expectations and your settings. In my case, AM=1365 works best on my i7 8700K with HT on and 5.0GHz with a 30FPS limit inside P3Dv4.4. In my case, an AM resulting in 0101... always worked best, already back in the FSX days. Others have other AM values that work better on their machine.

Means: you need to test several AM values to find what suits you best. This work can nobody take off your shoulders ;-)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

4 core no HT = AM=xxx

4 core with HT ON =AM=xxx

6 core.....you get the picture

That would be nice without all the tech, graphics etc. 

So people can just think " I trust this guy and simple look what AM they need or not need.

Not every same cpu works the best with the same AM value....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0