Sign in to follow this  
oscarbcn78

Problem with "jumps" with water animation

I have changed:

-Water slider to Low 2.x

-LOD_RADIUS=4.5

-TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024

This hasn´t solved the problem.

As an extra information, the frequency of jumps depends on the velocity of the plane. If I fly an FSX glider I hardly notice any jumps, if I fly FSX Cessna I have a jump every 1 minute or more, if I fly PMDG B737 NGX I have a jump every 20 seconds...

5 hours ago, oscarbcn78 said:

I have changed:

-Water slider to Low 2.x

-LOD_RADIUS=4.5

-TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024

This hasn´t solved the problem.

As an extra information, the frequency of jumps depends on the velocity of the plane. If I fly an FSX glider I hardly notice any jumps, if I fly FSX Cessna I have a jump every 1 minute or more, if I fly PMDG B737 NGX I have a jump every 20 seconds...

You know, after looking closer at your cfg, you have a lot of tweaks in it that I don’t even use and one id never even seen like MAX_TEXTURE_DATA=4800, multiple sample pass values and other weird stuff. If I were you I’d make a back up if the cfg, start FSX and let it build a new one without all those tweaks, some of which might be making things worse. Adjust your settings in the FSX menu and only add the highmemfix tweak to your cfg and retest. You can always go back in and add all those other additions but in the 9 years I’ve been on FSX, I’ve never used any of that stuff and haven’t found it necessary. 

You might also want to look at the AVSIM FSX set up guide here at Avsim.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yes, I agree, MAX_TEXTURE_DATA=4800 is weird, but it´s the result of the calculation:

MAX_TEXTURE_DATA  = GPU Memory clock (MHz) * 24 / UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT = 6000 * 24 / 30 = 4800

Very interesting guide! I will make some modifications.

Can I safely assume that by jumping you mean that it is skipping by graphic info that should be shown.  Any chance you could do a FRAPS video of what you are seeing?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I have modified FSX, fsx.cfg, and Nvidia Inspector according to AVSIM guide and the problem persists.

When I say "jumping" I mean that it seems as if water was really composed of two textures, and these textures alternates every certain period of time (20 seconds in case of PMDG 7373 NGX, but slower if flying a glider or a Cessna for example), so you notice a little "jump".

I have read on the Internet that this was a common problem with FS9, but little information for FSX.

1 hour ago, oscarbcn78 said:

I have modified FSX, fsx.cfg, and Nvidia Inspector according to AVSIM guide and the problem persists.

When I say "jumping" I mean that it seems as if water was really composed of two textures, and these textures alternates every certain period of time (20 seconds in case of PMDG 7373 NGX, but slower if flying a glider or a Cessna for example), so you notice a little "jump".

I have read on the Internet that this was a common problem with FS9, but little information for FSX.

In that case it might just be something you’ll have to live with and just try to ignore it as frustrating as it might be. I was lucky to solve mine but without being a your rig to really dig into it, it’s hard to say what you’ve got going on.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator