Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Win10 Won't Start

I have to admit, I absolutely hate Windows 10! An OS too clever for it's own good. Anyway, I could do with some help. I had been experiencing some issues with P3DV4 not working correctly. After submitting flight details etc and clicking start flight, it would begin to load a flight and then simply disappear from the screen. No explanation or anything. Having initiated several different actions to try and get it working, with no success, I decided to do a system restore. After the system restore initiated, it appeared that the screen was stuck on the action for about half an hour, far longer than I have experienced before, so I left it for another 30 minutes. Following an hour of nothing happening, I switched off the computer and rebooted, and this is where things have stalled. The PC simply won't boot into Windows. All I have is a black screen with the curser. No timer turning round or anything, other than the curser on screen. I have tried to get into safe mode, but with no success. Once I get back into Windows I can install a backup. Can anyone offer a suggestion? Cheers.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

As a relatively new Windows 10 user the one thing I did when I first got a new laptop is to create a bootable USB stick. You need a minimum of 32Gb but it will probably save your bacon should something critical happen.

I use Aomei Backupper (free for personal use) and copy my backups from a NAS box to an external HDD. That will allow me to do a full restore should the worst happen.

Good luck!

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
  • Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

21 hours ago, wwdavis said:

I always make clone backups of my drives.

21 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

As a relatively new Windows 10 user the one thing I did when I first got a new laptop is to create a bootable USB stick. You need a minimum of 32Gb but it will probably save your bacon should something critical happen.

I use Aomei Backupper (free for personal use) and copy my backups from a NAS box to an external HDD. That will allow me to do a full restore should the worst happen.

Good luck!

Thanks fellas. All sorted. I thought I had mislaid a Macrium bootable media disc, so was panicking a little, but after conducting a proper search I found the DVD disc which I made from last year. It worked a treat! Once into Windows I just reinstalled my Macrium backups from 4 weeks ago! Awesome work for a free programme. I can thoroughly recommend Macrium Reflect. Thanks again for the help guys, appreciated.

• Like 1

Howard

Glad it worked out It is a real nightmare to reinstall from scratch especially all the licensing and configurations.

I use Ease to do but Macrium is also a great tool to have.

Edited by pcmill
  • Like 1