Sign in to follow this  
parachutem

Save up to 45% on Orbx products in the End of Year Sale!

Save up to 45% on your favorite Orbx scenery including most airports, regions, and global base products. 

This sale will run the rest of the year, until 01:00Z on 1st January 2019. Start the New Year by upgrading your sim with Orbx!

• Like 2

Any votes for favourite airports? I already have all the regions, most Aussie airports and LOWI.

Typically fly the tubes/Q400 and occasionally Twotter, so after something a little larger than the pretty bush strips.

Thanks,

Billy

WW1294.png

Time to get the three Swedish airports pack: Kiruna, Visby and Dala.
With this price it's a steal. 🤗

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Rafal said:

Time to get the three Swedish airports pack: Kiruna, Visby and Dala.
With this price it's a steal. 🤗

Agreed! Just picked them up myself. At this price really can’t go wrong.

• Like 1

Ah I was waiting for this. Got all their products in the sale when LOWI first got discounted. Said I'd get the rest when THIS sale started. I'm kinda afraid to see how many new ones there are though! My OrbX scenery is behaving superbly right now all layered correctly manually in SCE. As soon as I load up FTX Central it forces Vector to the top and whoops there's massive plateaus again! 

https://imgur.com/lWib95Q

So maybe I should just get ONE a day and sort the order out before continuing...it's a nice problem to have but still infuriating! I have screenshots of all the relevant orders but I find the easiest way to add OrbX scenery painlessly is to back up my SCE config. Run FTX Central, let it wreck my nice working order THEN re-instate the backup. This removes the new scenery but it is then easy to add it manually from the UNGROUPED section at the bottom, or if it is not there just add it manually. If you are reading this OrbX PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT re-order all my sceneries the moment I open and close FTX Central. Thank you!

EDIT:

Decide to finish my Oceania collection tonight with the Aussie Gold Coast stuff and most importantly finally 2 airports for New Zealand North! Yay! NZWR to NZGS is my flight now 280 miles perfect for a short FSW LearJet hop. Running with LOD 8.5 in FSX starting at NZWR I have 1GB VAS remaining. Nice! Off to fly now.....

https://imgur.com/lnMD4Ue

ignore the white stuff it is NOT there in the sim or screenshot = probably a BMP problem 

Edited by sloppysmusic
Added image

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Many people claim that Orbx airports can work well without Orbx base packages.

Is it true?

signCopy.jpg

24 minutes ago, Aharon said:

Many people claim that Orbx airports can work well without Orbx base packages.

Is it true?

Hi Aaron,

For the most part - many do - however there are a few I know of where they specifically didn't include the proper mesh with the airport - so you would have to buy the region... Monterey is the one glaring example I can think of - it's unusable without the respective region (NA Northern California)...

As for the Global Products - those you could probably do without and still have a decent representation of the airport... Global Vector, Landclass, and Textures(FTX)... There will probably be texture mismatches at the edges though... LOL - but the default world looks awful - hopefully you have some improvements for it...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Orbx Airports in the FTX regions - should be bought with the Regions.  Combination looks fantastic and without region you will have mesh/landclass issues.  Why go through that.  Buy regions first before buying region airports.  Take advantage of this sale.  Regions offer the best bang for buck - all the default airports in the regions are enhanced.  

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

15 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Regions offer the best bang for buck - all the default airports in the regions are enhanced. 

Absolutely agree with this. I own everything OrbX but there are times I want to not worry about VAS usage so just load up a region (most even have their own mesh) and pick up a GA or JET and tour round the upgraded airports avoiding the big paid addons. LittleNavMap is brilliant for this as it tells you what has been upgraded and shows you gates and ramps etc. Most of these airports even have PeopleFlow to bring them to life too.

I recently started an A2A Comanche tour of the Germany North airports. There were so many I split the tour into 6 parts and started just with the area above Hamburg. After 3 hours and 7 airports I gave up. Still another 13 to discover just in that tiny area;

The 'full fat' local regions are definitely better value than global LC upgrades as they contain upgraded airports and include mesh. In the global range, South America (a huge continent) for instance is just land class with no upgraded airports I can find (although several free ones exist for FTX Global users). However go to North America/Europe or Oceania and there are the full regions.

Norway is wonderful place to sim if you combine the OrbX region with the freeware Airports Of Norway. 

Here are a few airport maps you may find useful

FTX Freeware PLUS Payware global airport map

Freeware map including a few in South America to make that continent less boring to takeoff and land in.

Superb freeware Norway airports/ Click Google map link on left menu to see all the locations (works great with OrbX region)

I use FS Global Ultimate NG for my worldwide mesh. It works fine with OrbX as long as you remember to disable it with regions that have their own mesh.

Scenery Config Editor is a MUST IMHO if you start collecting OrbX as FTX Central will by default wreck your scenery every time it loads up (even without adding or removing areas or making changes it moves your scenery around).

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

On 11/28/2018 at 11:11 AM, sloppysmusic said:

Scenery Config Editor is a MUST IMHO if you start collecting OrbX as FTX Central will by default wreck your scenery every time it loads up (even without adding or removing areas or making changes it moves your scenery around).

I just finished my collection of the NA Regions, sorry for asking but can you explain what the sorting should be and/or why it's important ?

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

16 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

I just finished my collection of the NA Regions, sorry for asking but can you explain what the sorting should be and/or why it's important ?

Won't worry.

Just run FTX Central. It will sort all ORBX products. Regions and Airports.

If You need to place ORBX entries below other addons, then use/set the insertion point.