Sign in to follow this  
ibnking

Reality XP Thanksgiving Sale

I'm ready to buy one. But I"m wondering which is the better choice:

Reality-XP's GTN 750/650 for $70 (after discount)

or

Flight1's Complete GTN 750/650 for $64.95 (no discount)

Does Flight1's offer ever go on sale?

Also, assuming both have the same price, which is the better buy generally in terms of features and ease of installation (or specifically to Just Flight's Arrow iii, A2A planes, and Realairs's Lancair v2)?

Thanks.

P.S. Also, which one has the least intrusive DRM scheme (I hate it when they limit the number of installs when you are installing it one at a time only. I had this problem with DCS's DRM. I didn't realize using a VPN effectively ate up my 10 lifetime installations).

Edited by oneleg
Addendum

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

9 hours ago, oneleg said:

I'm ready to buy one. But I"m wondering which is the better choice:

Reality-XP's GTN 750/650 for $70 (after discount)

or

Flight1's Complete GTN 750/650 for $64.95 (no discount)

Does Flight1's offer ever go on sale?

Here's a few thing you might want to consider.

I never use them integrated into the aircraft, so if (like me) you are planning to use it undocked and move them to a second monitor then the XP probably is the better choice for $35 since if I'm correct you get 2xpanels so 2 x 750

The other thing is that I'm not sure anymore if the garmin trainer is built into the Flight1 or the XP versions or if you still have to manually install the garmin trainer. On the original F1 GTN page they say that it comes with the Trainer v6.21 Databases cycle 1607 while XP says v6.50 with Databases cycle 1803 which is good. I don't see F1's new page what Trainer version or Database cycle is included. But from what I understand they both use the same data however I'd wish that F1 wold mention it on their page.

Personally If you are flying P3D I would take a wait and see for who is going to support v4.4 and by the looks of it it's going to be XP.

Edit: I stand corrected by the looks of it according to their forum the F1 GTN now works in v4.4 with the 1803 cycle.

Edited by FPStewy
Updated information

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

@oneleg @FPStewy I'm afraid you're confusing trainer versions, database cycles, and overall product capabilities.

Products have a so a little price difference for so much features, functions, integration, support, capabilities, performance and more differences, I'd strongly suggest you don't compare products by price alone, but rather take the time to get educated and sound information about what it is that differentiate our products.

Please start reading our forums here on Avsim. These are open for everyone to read and write, we have nothing to hide because we stand behind our products and we thrive to excel, and this shows.

The first question everyone should ask is: why 2 products which seems similar have a price difference to get started. There is a reason for everything and I wouldn't you feeling uncomfortable missing our sales later...

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 12/5/2018 at 4:23 AM, RXP said:

@oneleg @FPStewy I'm afraid you're confusing trainer versions, database cycles, and overall product capabilities.

Products have a so a little price difference for so much features, functions, integration, support, capabilities, performance and more differences, I'd strongly suggest you don't compare products by price alone, but rather take the time to get educated and sound information about what it is that differentiate our products.

Please start reading our forums here on Avsim... The first question everyone should ask is: why 2 products which seems similar have a price difference to get started. There is a reason for everything and I wouldn't you feeling uncomfortable missing our sales later...

You are right that the price difference as noted above shouldn't be significant at all.

I'd love to get educated on these products first but the problem is I don't have much time to do it now and there are pricing/sales deadlines.

Two very specific questions then:

1. Will I be able to integrate RXP into Justflight's Arrow III for P3D instrument panel? (Justflights product page on the Arrow III mentions F1 integration but not RXP ie. https://www.justflight.com/product/pa28r-arrow-iii).

2. With regards to the DRM. How many installs am I allowed using RXP's GTN version? I'd like to use it in a laptop and desktop if possible. Also, wIll it be a problem using it with a VPN (which uses dynamic IP addresses)?

Thank you.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

@oneleg Hi,

First things first: most aircraft, if not all, can use any gauge in general. This is just how the Prepar3D/FltSim panel system is designed/works. Second: any aircraft with 'integration' just means there is a 3D bezel/knob option, and a pre-configured gauge setting.

Having said this, you'd understand it is natural our products not only run with ANY aircraft as a popup window obviously, but also with ANY pre-configured aircraft mostly.

Please review these two links on our forums: the first one about JustFlight's Arrow specifically (answering your question), the other for any aircraft:

There is one item for which the integration is specific: 3D bezel and knobs embed code to command the gauges. This is 'baked' in the model by the aircraft modeller and can't be changed. However, there are two avenues for this:

1) There is a way to 'intercept' this baked code and 'transform' it live, in the form of an XML gauge you can add to the panel.cfg file. It is further detailed in our forums and once you do it one you'll see how easy it is.

2) You can lobby aircraft vendors and voice your needs! Our product includes and installs all the information and the custom code needed for any third party vendor. The hardest part for them is to create the 3D model. Since it is already done, only remains to embed the code: this is a 2H work for any seasoned modeller when using our modeldef.xml file.

Our EULA permits you installing both on the desktop and the laptop provided you don't run the 2 at the same time.

As for DRM, our e-commerce partner procurement solution is quite standard and offering a number of re-install by default, with the capability to re-arm online easily. I can't tell for the VPN question but I guess this shouldn't be a problem at all, otherwise you'll quickly now: if VPN is an issue, it won't process the purchase either.

You'll get detailed information about the e-commerce process in our store FAQ here:
http://reality-xp.com/store/faq.html

Edited by RXP

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Thank you. Very helpful.

• Upvote 1

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

Feedback to the vendor: I was going to buy to take advantage of the sale for a PC that has yet to exist but found the purchase confusing. To buy the product, there are two choices: for 'This Computer' or for some other computer. The latter choice requires possession of a 'license transfer file' which I wasted time on looking for but just couldn't locate.

To my surprise, the purchase is made on Flight1's website. I thought Flight1 has it's own competing product?

And it seems to me, that to use the product on a laptop and a desktop, will require juggling a license file.

Long story short... I gave up and did not make the purchase.

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

@oneleg Hi, let me try to further help you with the process. Please note although they are offering a product with a similar name, they are only our e-commerce procurement partner, and you are purchasing from a downloadable e-commerce enabled installer, not from their website at all, otherwise, this won't be the genuine Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch product.

As for the process, you might want to review our store FAQ which explains it better:

You might want to follow the guidelines in "I want to install on a PC which is not connected to the internet?"

http://reality-xp.com/store/faq.html

This would permit you making the purchase right now on a PC, then transfer the license later to the final PC.

Please note we'll probably extend the special discount offer until the end of the year too!

complicated buying process + DRM = inconvenience and frustration.

• Like 1

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit