Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

FSDT Black Friday Sale.........is it, really?

Got a notification from FSDT that they were conducting a Black Friday Sale today,........blah-blah-blah.

So, went to buy Louisville, for potential UPS Cargo flights. That was, until I did a bit of maths.

Normal price £23.84.....coupon states £7.15 saved, yet at checkout Black Friday price is, £20.34. Not all that much of a sale. Skip.

Move on to better Black Friday deals elsewhere..

8 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Got a notification from FSDT that they were conducting a Black Friday Sale today,........blah-blah-blah.

So, went to buy Louisville, for potential UPS Cargo flights. That was, until I did a bit of maths.

Normal price £23.84.....coupon states £7.15 saved, yet at checkout Black Friday price is, £20.34. Not all that much of a sale. Skip.

Move on to better Black Friday deals elsewhere..

I agree Rick. I think the whole concept of one single day of the year where you can pick up a REAL bargain, seem to be fading quickly. I'm not just talking about simming, but retail as a whole. We've even got retailers introducing Black Friday deals seven days before Black Friday! It's just another cynical ploy where companies are taking advantage of the name! 

• Like 2

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Your math doesn't add up, because you are comparing the normal net price with the final price with taxes. The normal price would have been 23.84+20% VAT = 28.60 so, you ARE saving 30% now.

Of course, we don't pocket your taxes. Esellerate (after deducting his service fees), will pay us based on the NET price, and will send your VAT in Europe (they are VAT registered in Ireland), which will then end up in the UK through the Intrastat balancing.

Edited by virtuali
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

Bought GSX2;  Cost $29.00, Coupon  -$8.70, Tax $1.27,  Final Total $21.57  

Advantage of no VAT.

Ernie

Edited by airernie
  • Like 1

Ernest Pergrem

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

I agree Rick. I think the whole concept of one single day of the year where you can pick up a REAL bargain, seem to be fading quickly. I'm not just talking about simming, but retail as a whole. We've even got retailers introducing Black Friday deals seven days before Black Friday! It's just another cynical ploy where companies are taking advantage of the name! 

Precisely, Howard. You should listen to the Black Friday con bombardment on talkRadio !

1 hour ago, virtuali said:

Your math doesn't add up, because you are comparing the normal net price with the final price with taxes. The normal price would have been 23.84+20% VAT = 28.60 so, you ARE saving 30% now.

Of course, we don't pocket your taxes. Esellerate (after deducting his service fees), will pay us based on the NET price, and will send your VAT in Europe (they are VAT registered in Ireland), which will then end up in the UK through the Intrastat balancing.

Now that you have broken it down that way, may think about it..........mmmmh.

54 minutes ago, airernie said:

Bought GSX2;  Cost $29.00, Coupon  -$8.70, Tax $1.27,  Final Total $21.57  

Advantage of no VAT.

Ernie

Yeah, you guys in the States get a better deal than us in the UK.

2 hours ago, vc10man said:

you guys in the States get a better deal than us in the UK.

Don't complain, Rick.
Americans pay nothing extra, Britons pay 20% more while Poles 23%. How about that? 😑
Needless to say Americans' average income is almost 5 times higher than ours.
So who is the best (capable of sacrifice) customer? 😀

Edited by Rafal

28 minutes ago, Rafal said:

Don't complain,

Not complaining, just stating a fact that Stateside buyers are luckier than us.